421 serval

jimbo1986

Has any of the builders in the industry tested the Pro Circuits on their dynos with the Serval against any of the other pipes they are claiming are the best yet? Anyone know?

When I did it, and I talked to people about it, all the builders acted like they were completely disregarding the factual numbers I came up with on the PC's. I am willing to bet no one has actually tested them yet, and they are assuming off numbers they have seen from all the popular mid-top pipes out there.

Has any of the builders in the industry tested the Pro Circuits on their dynos with the Serval against any of the other pipes they are claiming are the best yet? Anyone know?

When I did it, and I talked to people about it, all the builders acted like they were completely disregarding the factual numbers I came up with on the PC's. I am willing to bet no one has actually tested them yet, and they are assuming off numbers they have seen from all the popular mid-top pipes out there.

From what I've seen you and I are the only ones that have posted any dyno results for the PC's. I've seen a couple people say they are running them, but I dont think anyone has done the comparisons like you and I did with my bike.

Hi Snop, 05,

PC's are also preferred by a few here in South Africa and the original thread that you guys posted up showing the loaded runs last year is often referred to and very much discussed.

There are still a few who are skeptical, but there is not much doubt that for the set-up used in THIS case, (28mm Mikuni's etc) the PC's dominated the run.

As far as I understand, a huge benefit of doing a loaded run is that you can accurately determine the A/F ratio across the throttle range which should translate into improved performance in real world riding conditions.

To give added credibility to your runs, would it not have been possible to confirm a base line A/F ratio for each pipe tested, just to prove that one pipe was not better jetted than the other? That way there could not be any argument about the issue.

From what I have heard the A/F ratio is not easily plotted on a graph same as Torque and HP?

I would love to see the results of the same run with 33PWK's!

cheers & keep up the good work!

J.J.

Just to clarify when you say loaded vs unloaded im assuming you mean using a load cell. A non load cell run can be properly loaded if the operater knows how so I would like to know what the gearing was on these runs. Not questioning your runs at all just curious.

post up some of your runs with shearers and cpis with big carbs for comparison...

post up some of your runs with shearers and cpis with big carbs for comparison...

It isn't going to matter what the shearers with big carbs did because he is going to have unloaded runs ran on a different bike on a different dyno, in a different area of the states. The only thing that will matter is if the pipes are tested on the same bike, same dyno, same day, same conditions, same loading.

It was ran on a dyno with a load cell, the operator does know what he is doing. It was shanes bike, so I dont know what the gearing was.

Unloaded runs not loaded properly will yield results like you seen but as if the unloaded runs were loaded properly then a load cell is not needed for a sweep pull. Typically loaded or unloaded runs should make no difference in power unless the pipe is not building heat and the run is too short that is why i ask how the bike was geared. My question has nothing to do with your results I was just curious why the power dropped so much with a loaded run.

At this point comparison wise it doesn't matter wether the dyno was loaded or not, someone is going to have an excuse for everything until they run them on their own dyno. I was hoping in the months upon months that I had been gone, someone had finally manned up and ran a set of pro circuits against some of the nuthugger pipes and finally got some results. However, I guess everyone is scared to find out the truth. Hell I ran the PC's agains the trinity IV's and the CPI's and everyone still had an excuse for the results, so i guess this is never gonna get figured out. It is too bad, you guys are missing out on some awesome low end and midrange power.

Ok well i was just asking a simple dyno question on how the bike was loaded. If you understood how a pipe has to build heat then you would no that the bike being loaded properly means everything. I really could care less what pipe you like thats your choice and i'm not defending your pipe or mine this was directed at the dyno charts. Thats really neither here nor there as i was asking as to why your your unloaded runs were so much different than the loaded ones and with a 14/46 gear I understand but if your too caught up in pc vs brand x then thats fine. I will sell and build motors using the best parts possible and what makes the best power for us as it only makes are motors perform better and i am not a pipe builder. I have tested several different pipes on the serval and shearer pipes have been the best from top to bottom. No i have not tested a set of PC pipes on one yet and maybe one day i will when I have time. My dyno charts vs yours really makes no matter as like you said diff dyno diff day ect ect but i will tell you that its not just the pipe on a bolt on serval that makes the pipe work.