421 serval

jimbo1986

Big carbs and pipes will always make more power and torque on a serval

BUT

small carbs and PC pipes will make it more ridable with a flater torque curve.

What this translates to is the type of riding you do. Woods/trails go lil. Sand/hillclimbs go big.

With my serval, I started out with stock carbs and T5 pipes on it. I didn't like that set up as well because it was very jerky... With the bigger carbs and pipes it is much much smoother

With my serval, I started out with stock carbs and T5 pipes on it. I didn't like that set up as well because it was very jerky... With the bigger carbs and pipes it is much much smoother

I can't argue with real world experience. I am goin by various dyno charts of 421 servals- all of which use PC pipes though.

Iv personally never used the pc pipes but I imagine they would be comparable to the T5s. Idk how the shearers or R2s do in the lower end but I do know my original rockets do great. I would imagine that all 3 of them will be relatively similar tho...

I'll letcha know how my 10mil goes with the lil set-up. Yeah I'm excited haha

I know with my original rockets you can really tell in the top end when it quits pulling... It's like hitting a wall. But in low to mid they try and rip you off the seat

the r2's come on a little later but stronger in the midrange and taper off in the top end which makes them feel like they pull forever.

All dyno test done on the same Dyno, the same day, with loaded runs. I cant remeber which sheet had all 3 runs on it, it has been so long since I looked at these. I think there is a thread somewhere on all this stuff though.

Trinity Stage IV Pipes on Serval loaded run

JeffSnopebanshee6.jpg

CPI Pipes on Serval loaded run

JeffSnopebanshee5.jpg

Pro Circuit Pipes on Serval loaded run

JeffSnopebanshee4.jpg

Run 19 is Pro circuits with 296 silencers

Run 23 is Pro circuits with 304 silencers

Run 26 is the CPI pipes

Run 28 is the Trinity Stage IV pipes

All Loaded Runs.

The Pro Circuits with the Forest Approved Silencers came out as the top Dawgs!

JeffSnopebanshee.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski

Where the fuck is the "as cast" 80 HP servals?

Everyone dyno test to get max hp with unloaded dyno numbers. These are actual loaded numbers, so closest simulation to a real world hp condition.

Here are Pro Circuit Runs with no loading.

You have to pay attention to the camparison between the numbers, not the actual numbers. All Dyno's are different and never read the same.

JeffSnopeBanshee6-1.jpg

Everyone dyno test to get max hp with unloaded dyno numbers. These are actual loaded numbers, so closest simulation to a real world hp condition.

Here are Pro Circuit Runs with no loading.

You have to pay attention to the camparison between the numbers, not the actual numbers. All Dyno's are different and never read the same.

JeffSnopeBanshee6-1.jpg

I've never seen those charts, but I gottah say hell yeah for that flat torque curve the PC pipes made. Do you have any with T5's?

Makes me feel better thank you.

How does that make you feel better? :jesterlaugh: The 80hp runs ( that Snop posted) are unloaded...someone correct me here if im wrong,,, but UNLOADED are NOT real-world scenarios. The loaded runs would be more realistic .

Just to be clear, im only referring to the runs Snop just posted,not to any other runs other people have posted.

What makes me feel better is the realistic "loaded " runs..something more like what you'd see out on the sand in the real world. Of course when its all said and done,do the numbers actually mean anything?? Besides something to compare tuning changes?

How does that make you feel better? :jesterlaugh: The 80hp runs ( that Snop posted) are unloaded...someone correct me here if im wrong,,, but UNLOADED are NOT real-world scenarios. The loaded runs would be more realistic .

Just to be clear, im only referring to the runs Snop just posted,not to any other runs other people have posted.

What makes me feel better is the realistic "loaded " runs..something more like what you'd see out on the sand in the real world. Of course when its all said and done,do the numbers actually mean anything?? Besides something to compare tuning changes?

Well the first few dyno comparisons that Snop posted were "LOADED". By the way, snop is typically questioned everytime he posts a dyno run. Kinda funny how so many people freak out about "LOADED" runs. I remember seeing the first graph for the big bore motor in my sig. I was like, THAT'S IT? Made 78 H.P. & 44 ft.lbs. "LOADED" put out 87 H.P. & 52 ft.lbs. "UNLOADED". Lotta timing and really expensive gas to get those numbers though. Just had to see what it could do before taming it down.