questions

this is to the guys who have done or are doing the conversion, is there anything special i need to know? like do you use alll the wiring from the banshee and through the 450 wiring away? can i use the 450 radiator and the fan? do i need a bigger stator to run the fan? do you use the factory sprockets? any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you would have to do a DC conversion to run the fan if needed. :cheers:

Dc. Conversion with a battery. Maybe aftermarket stator. If you used led head lights and tail with a good battery the fan might work at night with all lights on.

Other quads have a ac fan like Kawasaki Mohave

I'm going to be straight forward and honest with you.. If you had to ask which wiring harness you would use after you put a Banshee motor in a YFZ frame, you have zero business trying to do the conversion.

It's not just a drop in and go conversion. Sprocket alignment must be perfect and the motor height must be correct to avoid throwing or breaking chains under rear shock compression. The motor mounts must be done right to make sure the motor does not twist in the frame. The pipes or frame will need modifying for them to fit properly. Plus you still need CDI and coil mounts.

Do you even have the proper tools to tackle something this extensive?

I'm going to be straight forward and honest with you.. If you had to ask which wiring harness you would use after you put a Banshee motor in a YFZ frame, you have zero business trying to do the conversion.

It's not just a drop in and go conversion. Sprocket alignment must be perfect and the motor height must be correct to avoid throwing or breaking chains under rear shock compression. The motor mounts must be done right to make sure the motor does not twist in the frame. The pipes or frame will need modifying for them to fit properly. Plus you still need CDI and coil mounts.

Do you even have the proper tools to tackle something this extensive?

If you need a experienced fabricator in so- cal you can call the guy that did mine.

I know of a guy that has done it befor that is in jersey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Don't need the 450 fan and to be sure get a temp sticker to tell your engine temp.

Try to get a swing arm that has a chain guide next to the rear sprocket. Wiring i used banshee harness and made my own lighting circuits. Sprockets are personal preference.

Get the best heavy duty radiator and plan on a fan. And temp stickers suck get a trail tech gauge. Then build the pipes