wiseco vs pro-x or stock

Jackl

Ok Ive read all about pistons now I need some feed back on what works wiseco forged more warm up time, Pro-x or stock cast will last longer, ah im confused which to go with now, desert riding and dunes so, I always ran wiseco in my cr 250 way back when but im new to banshees first top end. Ive read many good things about both and bad so is it just preference, any feed back would be appreciated. I just want my shee to be reliable. and run good Thanks.

In my stock Jug dune Banshee, I run Pro X Pistons, I ride Glamis with that bike, have had the same top end for 4 Years now with the pro X, no problems at all. Now in the other bikes I run wiseco, only reason is that they are Big bore bike 73Mm and 78Mm. You will be fine with pro x.

For stock to lower power builds with low maint, ProX

For heavy hitting builds, Wiseco.

X is a casted piston, will be more dense, have more uniform thermal expansion, and higher silica content which equates to longer life but slightly more brittle.

Wiseco is forged which IS the best way to go for tough applications because forged bends rather than breaks BUT because they are basically "stretched", their thermal expansion is all over the map, thus causing accelerated wear and require more bore clearance.

The biggest problem with cast among Banshee guys is sticking them in a hole that is too big. That will kill them quick.

Edited by blowit

For stock to lower power builds with low maint, ProX

For heavy hitting builds, Wiseco.

X is a casted piston, will be more dense, have more uniform thermal expansion, and higher silica content which equates to longer life but slightly more brittle.

Wiseco is forged which IS the best way to go for tough applications because forged bends rather than breaks BUT because they are basically "stretched", their thermal expansion is all over the map, thus causing accelerated wear and require more bore clearance.

The biggest problem with cast among Banshee guys is sticking them in a hole that is too big. That will kill them quick.

+1

ever notice how someone who says their cast piston failed never mentions the circumstances under which it failed OR what the piston to cylinder wall clearance was?