Tusk/G-Force Axle install

esseclipse

Ive never had any problems with mine, i just installed new bearings and seals in the carrier too, just slid it out from left to right redid my carrier then slid it back in, made sure the sprocket hub was slid in all the way then put the axle locknut on just snug and its been fine. Definitely make sure that spacer is in the carrier, i believe its main purpose is to help with side load on the bearings, specially since they arent tapered bearings.

Ive never had any problems with mine, i just installed new bearings and seals in the carrier too, just slid it out from left to right redid my carrier then slid it back in, made sure the sprocket hub was slid in all the way then put the axle locknut on just snug and its been fine. Definitely make sure that spacer is in the carrier, i believe its main purpose is to help with side load on the bearings, specially since they arent tapered bearings.

Did the tusk axle come with all new hubs?  sprocket, rotor and wheel hubs?  Mine have play in them but im not sure if it is the splines on the axle or the hubs that are worn. 

Its purpose is to keep you from destroying the bearings when you crank the fuckin nut tight. I doubt that the axle has anything to do with this. mine fit fine and i used a giant crescent wrench on the nut. its almost eye watering tight. it had been in both a stock carrier and now a jj&a dual row carrier

• 3 months later...

When i installed mine, the axle was a little rough to turn at first. After a few minutes of riding, it seems to have loosened up just fine. The only question i have about the axle, is the spacer on the brake hub side has a little free space to move. Everything is tight, and the axle is not moving side to side, yet this spacer is moving a little bit. Anyone else have this issue? I have been beating the crap out of it, and everything still seems fine.

• 1 year later...

I just ordered one from Rocky Mountain. I been riding on a bent stock axle since I owned the quad and its time I put a new one on. Looked at Lone star and dominators and didn't think twice about ordering either one of those. For the few that trail ride on here, it seems this axle is a good deal for the money and holds up quite well. I'll save that money for later when I build a trailer drag queen.