Tusk/G-Force Axle install

esseclipse

I guess the only thing I could have wrong is the spacer facing the wrong way, but I think I have it right. I just put new bearings and seals. The axle is super tight to spin even when I have the lock nut hand tight.

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

interested to know how you make out.., just ordered the same axle yesterday, should be here in a few.... once you get it squared away plz post more pics or PM me.. thanks

I think it's on right, going by there instructions (that suck). Just don't understand why my axle spins with so much resistance with the axle nut just hand tight. Can someone who has a G-Force or Tusk axle look at the pics and tell me if the install looks right? New Bearings, Seals, OEM bearing spacer and Tusk Axle.

i think the issue has something to do with your bearing carrier. the was gforce designs there axle locking system is garbage. im gunna draw a crude ms paint diagram of the axles locking system

demo.png

here we go!

for the record, before anyone bashes my drawing, i havent seen a gforce axle in over 2 years, im only helping to solve this once in for all so i can feel either smart or really stupid when it comes to building banshees.

i think, like i said the axle was designed for stock bearing carriers. idk this for sure or why it would matter. my suggestion is to call gforce, or make a spacer to fill the gap.

problem is, most bhq are into drag racing. the have no clue about gforce axles because its something that would never be used on there bikes. or u have the mx banshee riders who use big name axles like lonestar, RPM Dominator. good luck man

I don't have the gap, if anything mine gets too tight. When I tighten the axle nut by hand, my axle doesn't spin freely. I am going to make sure my bearings are seated all the way as someone here suggested that maybe the spacer in the carrier is restricting the bearings when I am tighening it.

have the same problem.... just installed the axle and it as tight as hell with only tightening locking nut by hand.... I drove the bearings in by hand with a piece of wood and a 4lb hammer so not to harm the bearings until they were properly seated... installed all balls bearing and seals... the seals were flush with the outside of the carrier bearing housing just like when i removed the damn thing... the spacer in the middle is loose, but it was loose when i took it off... I mean it spins but not very freely... help this sucks!!!