2005 yfz450 converted banshee

How Much better with this frame?!?!?!?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok glamis trip fail. Overheating.

Around the block is fine. up the dunes not so much. I installed the head air bubble tube to a adaptor in the upper radiator hose. I though that the cooling system might have loads of air making it hot. Btw the sticker the the heat reading sucks going to get a gauge. So I ( @ glamis ) replaced the upper hose and put the air bubble line on the over flow nipple and removed the rubber seal on the cap. I hoped the system would fine a happy level after it pushed out the expanded fluid but it didn't. The couple bowls I did ride made me happy I did the project and I'm going to correct the cooling issues with a gp radiator 75 $ eBay ( any input on this would be great ) also a newer style shroud that put more air in to radiator, temp gauge, hi pressure cap and weld in or adapt to sensor hole the head bubble line in. Might try water wetter, inline cooling device. Also have a billet impeller all ready. What do you think

you do know that a stock yfz and stock banshee both have the same front wheel travel of 9.1"

so i have going to go out on a limb here and say that a LT shee will have more shock travel than a stock yfz in the front.

Looks like I miss typed stock shee is ? 13" don't know right now and stock Yfz 450 is 14.25. Agree that they are close but currently my Yfzshee has 19.50 quad rate elka and +3 leagers arms. The point of this conversion is to get really good suspenison to handle a super fast motor.

Is the LT banshee shock about 14.25 -15.25 ?

Do you want to talk about my overheating issues ?

I agree with you don't convert your frame if LT banshee is better than stock Yfz.

But my ported 4 mill is really strong and I really like that I moved my motor more forward to help get the power to the sand and the stock rear link is a big plus. I think it is like having a +2 +4 banshee extended rear swinger.

Roll designs arms take 17" shocks for banshee.

I agree the first thing I noticed was my lean was more comfy and my Yfz 450 desert tank was really use full in holding my position.

The 450 fame is just skinnier than banshee.

I really like that my motor is more forward too

• 1 month later...

Did you (thomas h) ever get anybody to cut off the resi and make it remote? If You did please post who did it or pm me. I have not come up with a good airbox around the resi. I built an airbox and it ended up being to restrictive on the resi side. When you went to an oversized tank did you have any clearance issues with the pingle and spark plugs? I ended up relocating the pingle to the the middle of the tank to get enough clearance.

Are you still having overheating issues? Maybe you have a bad radiator, I ride in the florida heat and have yet to have mine try to boil. I run the YFZ radiator and still have the crappy plastic impeller

Did you (thomas h) ever get anybody to cut off the resi and make it remote? If You did please post who did it or pm me. I have not come up with a good airbox around the resi. I built an airbox and it ended up being to restrictive on the resi side. When you went to an oversized tank did you have any clearance issues with the pingle and spark plugs? I ended up relocating the pingle to the the middle of the tank to get enough clearance. Are you still having overheating issues? Maybe you have a bad radiator, I ride in the florida heat and have yet to have mine try to boil. I run the YFZ radiator and still have the

crappy plastic impeller

Well yes and no. I have pics but what I did was cut off the top shock mount turned it counter clock wise then turn the the resi to the horizontal position and reweld done. Send me your email for pics

• 4 weeks later...

The eBay yfz450 gpx radiator

Pros cheap, bigger tanks, thicker core and aluminum plugs where the sensors go.

Con mount tabs are 7/16 high and the Eletric fan mounts are 3/8 off too.

Build note: have oversized radiator installed befor custom pipes are made.

Currently mounting battery and hooking up fan.