2005 yfz450 converted banshee

How Much better with this frame?!?!?!?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

Well stopped by HJR with my deposit for the engine porting and mods. So I settled on

Ditching the spacer plate for the 4 mil

And going with domes ( already had coolhead )

End cut tranny

Yakkey shift drum ( by rich Yakkey )

Shift star and pancake

Dune port and case port

Billett impeller and tm case saver

Also hoping that the other motor sells soon. Kevin said that the for sale motor( stock port ) is near new low low wear on the basket and that the bore is on 64.25 piston.

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/Used_For_Sale.html

Thomas, off topic, but where about in San Diego are you? I was going to see if you'd be interested in running a set of my LED lights on your conversion bike once it's complete. I'd like to make some custom mounts to install my 10w LED's where the stock location YFZ450 lights go.

Let me know if it's something you'd like to do, and I can work out a deal with you on the lights in exchange for using your bike for measurements and pictures and stuff. Just figured I could help out a fellow HQ member on a unique project, and at the same time get the information I need for my mounts.

Thomas, off topic, but where about in San Diego are you? I was going to see if you'd be interested in running a set of my LED lights on your conversion bike once it's complete. I'd like to make some custom mounts to install my 10w LED's where the stock location YFZ450 lights go.

Let me know if it's something you'd like to do, and I can work out a deal with you on the lights in exchange for using your bike for measurements and pictures and stuff. Just figured I could help out a fellow HQ member on a unique project, and at the same time get the information I need for my mounts.

Sure I'm in San Marcos 92069. Motor is out now does that matter? I also did Dc conversion but I have a spare mag.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last mods are going well. The custom two in to one manifold ( aluminum ) with the factory air box( yfz450 ) rubber intake part doesn't flow so the new plan is to mod the stock rear shock by relocating the resi and using 2" rubber tube to mate to the banshee carbs and a custom plate on the pro flow yfz450 air box. This will make more room for the exhaust pipes too. Pics soon.