2005 yfz450 converted banshee

How Much better with this frame?!?!?!?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3D80DF11-536B-4615-A6DA-F1C50884C89A-119

Don't you find it annoying for the pipes to lay out to the sides like that?

I noticed that if you take some more time you can end up with results like  Wacko2000 did in his conversion here>  http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170461&page=1

Not knocking your project, I'm just wondering why you have your pipes splayed out VS tucking the pipes in tight like Wacko2000 did?

the pipes being out like that doesn't bother you while riding, I imagine wackos bike has a custom radiator and other things moved to make room. I helped on rushed together one and its no where near as easy as some think.

• 2 weeks later...

939B7CAC-C964-4760-8099-ADDFCF32E569-686

Pipes are Not a issue for me and I'm not burning my boots any more. Wacko told me how he was going to do his and he and sleeper did the best conversion to date. Money for more frame mods and custom radiator was not in the budget. If next weeks trip goes perfect then I'm finally done moding mine.

Don't you find it annoying for the pipes to lay out to the sides like that?

I noticed that if you take some more time you can end up with results like Wacko2000 did in his conversion here> http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170461&page=1

Not knocking your project, I'm just wondering why you have your pipes splayed out VS tucking the pipes in tight like Wacko2000 did?

Well I'll keep this in mind next time I buy a camaro

And wacko parks next to me in his corvette.

No the pipes are not in the way nor do they burn my leg or boot.

Customs shearer pipes are cheaper than the wacko way. Camaros are cheaper too.

Gotcha. So you paid Shearer to custom make them splayed out like that? It would seem that the cost of getting custom pipes built would be somewhat similar whether they are tucked in or splayed out?

Been kicking around the costs of doing this conversion as a nice 450r frame is available close to me. Just wanted to see the cost difference in the two different pipe lay outs. Id prefer to have them tucked as it appears more factory looking.

good news the converison project is done!  and only two seasons late. glamis was 92* and it was running hard up any dune.

bad news im going to sell it for a sand car project. other news i killed my back up stock motor. so im going the port it and put it in converison quad.

but soon everything is for sale or trade. looking for a complete ls1/ls2 and fox shocks and coilovers and mid board tatum hubs and

2.5 power rack and pinion also 17' razor masters and 1 3/4 cromo tubes 16'.