+4 swing arm

CFH87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My buddy and I have matching 4in arms and he sent his stock shock to works for a heart transplant and I can tell you it was night and day better. It made you realize how crappy the stock shock is and also made the front feel like it would benefit from some new shocks which I never noticed until I rode his machine.

My buddy and I have matching 4in arms and he sent his stock shock to works for a heart transplant and I can tell you it was night and day better. It made you realize how crappy the stock shock is and also made the front feel like it would benefit from some new shocks which I never noticed until I rode his machine.

OUCH! Ask him what a hard, dry BF'ing from Works felt like.

LOL, in all seriousness, the stock rear shocks is a FANTASTIC shock. Any company who claims they can make the shock perform better by replacing the piston is selling you beach front property in Arizona. I've done Race-Tech, Works, and stock pistons side-by-side on my dyno, and have seen LESS than 1% change over 400 strokes. All pistons valved the exact same, same oil, same seal heads, same run time. I stopped selling Race Tech and Works heart transplants the DAY I ran that test. It's a complete scam, without a doubt. The ONLY thing I like about the works heart transplant is that it changes the rebound adjustment to a screw style. Other than that, not worth the outrageous $400 price tag for a revalve.

With that being said, a properly revalved stock rear shock CAN out perform a high end aftermarket shock at less than half the price.

Tyler was right stating that most people would be ok with putting a heavier spring on a stock shock, but revalving the shock is the right way to do it.

I have a works rear shock with a heavier rear spring and detached resi it was set up for a +6 lonstar swing arm but would work great for a heavier rider on a +4 im sure someones looking for a plusher ride pm me if you interested. shock has zero issue no leaks ready to bolt on and go . Suspension is everything on your ride people who are chiming in saying stock suspension works fine obvisously isnt riding hard pushing limits. cause on a +2 w stock shock harden as hard as goes constantly was bottoming out on preload of hill climbs or jumps. SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS SHOCK. LOL.

I had a stock shock on my +2 swinger and it worked great never had any issues with it and it rode nice and smooth with my big butt on it. I would never spend rediculous money on aftermarket rear shock, just have the stocker revalved and your good.