maine....dayton pit

gbf4ever

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it couldnt have been sunday night. i was there riding saturday, and sunday, and there were tire marks near the red gate and all over that tarred area early sunday morning. my girlfriends house is on bakers pond road, the road that vears off right before the pit, and i was up till about midnight, putting a headgasket in her dads cr (which coincidentally blew anothre headgasket before we even got to the pit) and we heard no tire screeching or collision sounds. i heard about the trucks, because a man on a 250r came up and yelled at us for having our helmet, and kneepads on one of the bulldozers (the dozer was into the pit, and on the backside of the biiger wall)... we were using it as a platform to stand on, for video footage of a stepup i was doig (wish i had a way to load it onto the net..) i cased it 3 times sunday. i believe i saw banchetta on his yellow/purple shee but im not sure....... it'll suck if they shut it donw... some of the best sand jumps around..

made it up to dayton,last weekend.awsome rideing,crazy hillclimbing,competive drag racing,+some good areas for high speed flat tracking.wanted to thank banchetta+his famliy for their hospitality,set me up with a motel,let me stash my quads,+introduced me to all the locals.had a great time,hope to do it again soon,oh ya he kicked my ass drag racing but i thought i held my own pretty well.i was very impresed with his bike when i road it.it had right now throttel responce anywhere in the rpm range espisley(sp) rite off idle.got some good pics,i'll try to get them posted .

Chase or who ever... I'm trying to get my shee back together before the snow flys.... Any updated info on the Dayton pit would be appreciated. I would like to come up at the end(last weekend if possible) of October (weather permiting) and if the place isnt shut down by then.

What kind of tires do you guys run up there? Is it safe for paddles?

Thanks in advance

370,went for the first time last weekend,met chase,he'd be the one to talk to about the riding situation,about the paddels,i'd say bring them for the hillclimes,myself i would also bring a set of nobbies or all around tires.there's also some great high speed sections.

weel i dont know to much about dows pit but ill ask my bro when he gets home from what ive heard it has a race track hill climbs jumps and everything my friend used to jump his polaris scrambler but then he got smart and traded it 4 a banshee mx shee what mods do you have you might know my aunt her name is cindy debow i didnt know any one had a shee in wakefeild i thought they all had 4 stroke put mobiles if to get to dows from pufin stop head up 16 towards ossipee follow 16 till you get to a dunkin domuts right be4 the dunkin donuts there is a road follow it till you get to the end then your there

Yeah I know where that pit is now, I drove my truck there for a look see but never with the shee, As for mods you name it I have it. What mods do ya have?? I have not ridden it this year but want to, I have not gone anywhere with it I mean :( The last time I went to Dayton I seperated my shoulder and broke 5 ribs(OUCH) But I still rode out the day, He man stuff but stupid I paid for it by the time I got home stiff and painfull believe me....Does the warden or police come out to the pit?? In Ossipee cause I am not registered...Maybe we can hook up and show me around sometime before snow falls.... 8)

well i dont have any mods because i dont got a shee but i am putting an 1100cc motor in a banhee frame what do you think of that idea you wouldent happen to have a frame would you oh and i probly wouldent advise riding there un regerstsred this year but next summer you can some kid died up there(my condolences to the family) but the cops never go there but im going there sometime soon ill pm you before i do then maybe you can come up with the shee and lety me take it for a spin :lol::lol: i wont hurt her lol see ya

Well you will be :shock: when you snap the throttle thats for sure, Unless all you plan is to do is drag race it it is a waste of time and money putting a 1100 in a shee frame but it can be done if ya got the smarts, welding tools etc...Oh Yeah I don`t let people ride my shee it won`t happen, No pun intended, Its just that I have so much invested in it....Sorry

So far Dayton is still open, the wardens will sometimes check registrations on the side of the road where the trucks are parked, but they don't come into the pit. I have knobbies and paddles. They both work great. The paddles are mint for a lot of the hills. I'd bring both. I'll be in Dayton every weekend. You guys should come up. You won't regret it....

Banchetta:

If I can get my shee done in time I would like to come up sunday the 26th. If I can get it done I'll be coming up w/ someone else. I'll let ya know here if its done and when we will be there. Is Dayton only ridable on sundays? Do I need to be registered in Maine? Or my own state?

Thanks again