Takai Performance coils/wires

Schweet97Z

I'm betting we will never see any dyno sheets for these coils. Reason being is that I bet they don't amount to any horsepower gains on the Banshee. Of course, that's just my uneducated guess.

you know damn well dyno numbers can be fudged with and numbers will never amount to jack. this is what they are banking on. you can't prove, or disprove their product, so in the end ppl will buy into the advertisement. sad but true.

i just hope enough buyers research before buying it. god knows there is enough boost bottles out there to make enough pop cans to fill a semi trailer.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takai doesn't have much time for co-respondance as they typically only cater to pro-level riders and teams but I noted this thread and felt a response was in order. :)

Firstly, Takai does have engines to test on, however, Takai doesn't typically care to invest in old production equipment as all teams are using the latest and greatest equipment which we need to keep up on. That being said, the banshee is on the bottom of our list although a Yamaha engine and electroincs of that year are. That being said, we ALWAYS like to verify on a production machine as variances between loaded engine dyno and real world can, and have, happened in the past. We would like to provide a solution to banshee owners but until real world is verified they are on the backburner and this is why we wanted a tester, for frame fitment, to verify, and because Takai won't invest in the purchase of an old platform. If it was a new model, it would be on a track with a professional rider.

Second, Takai could release a "cheap" version with one coil running 2 cylinders, however, a few things, "cheap" is not in the Takai vocabulary. Takai is a unique company, it's either all or nothing and no compromise will do, even for "cost". Takai equipment competes with the likes of Magnetti Marrelli and Mclaren Electronics. This is the decision of our parent branch M rakuin (M brand) electronics.

#1. Cost is no object. That being said, if someone is looking for a cheap upgrade or backyard solution Takai is not for you and you should immediatly go elsewhere for your ignition related needs. In that case Nology or WeaponX may be right for you. I am sure WeaponX can supply you with a similar setup, however, I can garantee you won't get the results Takai equipment does. WeaponX, another subsidiary of M rakuin, is geared to produce, target cost, compete, and best, the likes of MSD, Accell, Nology, etc. Takai on the other hand is geared to best any production, Factory or race related part regardless of cost... There is a big difference between the two company mission statements.

#2 For those interested in why two coils. In side by side tests, firing one plug in reverse polarity will reduce overall spark output of BOTH cylinders by up to 25%. This is because the ground electrodes in one cylinder is not optimized to fire the spark which requires a higher coil voltage to ionize the gap. The higher voltage reduces overall spark duration, reducing performance. Reduced performance because the spark is lit for less of the combustion sequence where additional fuel and air could potentially be lit by a longer duration spark, remember power input is needed in a process to create power output. Also, fouling is more predominant in one cylinder because of this configuration. The reason Yamaha, Ford, or whoever uses the single coil design for two cylinders is to reduce cost, not because it's optimal for race use. When is the last time someone saw a race engine with a single coil for two cylinders? Won't happen and M-Rakuin would never suggest it on a professional application.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

In closing, all that being said, before launching to the general public, we always catered to professional teams, and currently have a laundry list of professionals running our stuff in MX and Superbike, Dirt Oval etc. It's not Takai's concern to hit pricepoint with nology or others. Besides, Takai's typical customers are not 2 stroke junkies that can get cheap power from a $200 pipe, they are professionals that pay several thousand ($2000 - $4000) for a titanium exhaust that nets them as much horsepower as our super coils do.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

I'm not going to bash your product, but I've seen many ..... "Professional" ... race engines that used 1 coil for 8 cylinders ....... Most common would be Chevy small blocks and or big blocks :confused:

2 stroke Junkies... PFFFT you act as if you are above 2 strokes, the sad thing is 2 strokes with modern technology will out perform / out power 4 strokes pound for pound and CC for CC with a 200 dollar pipe.

All I have to say to you "Almighty Mark"..... is... Nigga Please.

• 2 weeks later...

the testing on this coil if it was really wanted to be done right would have to be what i suggested.

i have the capacity and knowledge along with some very nice and gracious dyno tunner's and testers to really evaluate a product.

if i do a real dyno test its done at a facility where my "opinion" and anything other than the balls out truth will come to light.

unlike some other "testers" if i get a product i will report on it hoestly and will show good and bad of both i have the capacity and the products to usually test against and alongside other new "products..

why not send me a set if you want real world results. wont take me but a few weeks at most and maybe less if i can get the dyno time set up.

Dam Mark, how can you come to a banshee website and bad mouth a banshee and then try to sell us something for a banshee at the same time? You do realize this place is full of banshee fans right? Genius marketing strategy right there. Anywho where the dam testes, tesses, taste test..........show me 8hp gain and all is forgiven.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, where the fuck are you? Four weeks after the new year, couple days for we-be day, what's your excuse now???? banghead:shootself:

Guess you didn't understand my internet humor on my last post, too bad-so sad :jesterlaugh:

Have you even fired this pig up to feel the arm ripping powwaah of 25 extra horses? :rotflmao:

Do you even have enough hair on your balls to even come back and say they're junk?? Maybe you payed to be a dealer and realized YOU GOT FUCKED?? :yank::cry::lol:

JMHO, your results may, and will vary. :bolt::jesterlaugh::jesterlaugh::jesterlaugh:

Sorry all. I just got in from working all month getting these coils on. :rolleyes: For saying these wouldn't work, a month later you all seem to be pretty interested. So here is what all you fucks need to do. Pick up the phone, call Takai, appologize, and do your own testing. I will not tell you peices of shit anything. Its G-14 classified.

Sorry all. I just got in from working all month getting these coils on. :rolleyes: For saying these wouldn't work, a month later you all seem to be pretty interested. So here is what all you fucks need to do. Pick up the phone, call Takai, appologize, and do your own testing. I will not tell you peices of shit anything. Its G-14 classified.

:rotflmao:

Translation:

I got raped, with no lube. You also can get raped with no lube