My prediction thread for Dumbshit's EFI project

IMO EFI from a sled would be way different as well. Those are tuned to run at a certain RPM. A Banshees fuel needs probably change dramatically at different engine load, TPS and RPMs compared to sleds. And comparing them to 4 strokes is leaving out the effect of the two stroke pipe. I can't imagine trying to build a fuel map for it. Not saying it couldn't be done. Just look at the 100 or so different TPS/rpm settings on the Power Commander V for the Raptor. It's a nightmare.

If you can post a link to a single fuel controller (piggyback) that allows 360* of fuel timing, I will say I am sorry and that you are always right. 

You keep saying use the basics, which I assume you mean components, guess what, I didn't want to use USED parts, is that hard to understand. I figured someone that has 3 degrees and is a qualified mechanic to understand that simple part. I wanted to use only new parts.

You have anything else you want to be proven wrong about. Ecotrons EFI kit will not work well with a banshee. HGT even said their kit wouldn't work well. It is obvious you have no idea about EFI. 

yes i know you said you wanted to use new parts. i clarified that a few times in my posts :S there is also a fully programmable 1/2 cylinder 2stroke ECU readily available but you would know this already right? Have you looked into the TEC units

You are also forgetting about the ignition. Can you find one that will allow 360* of timing change? Are you forgetting that a 4-stroke firings once every 2 rotations and a 2 stroke firing every rotation?

You know, if you would have said use the EFI system from a 2-stroke sled, I would have agreed with you. But you had to say 4-stroke.

im quite aware of how a 2 stroke works hence the name 2 stroke and again im not going to repeat what i said...

honestly mate if you want to build your own go for it. Im sure you will get there. fark im sure we could work out something twice as quick if we put our heads together.....

in the end all i said was why not pull from a 4stroke and convert it! at no point did i say it would just work if you used a 4 stroke one but would give you a better base to work from as we know the system is there....

IMO EFI from a sled would be way different as well. Those are tuned to run at a certain RPM. A Banshees fuel needs probably change dramatically at different engine load, TPS and RPMs compared to sleds. And comparing them to 4 strokes is leaving out the effect of the two stroke pipe. I can't imagine trying to build a fuel map for it. Not saying it couldn't be done. Just look at the 100 or so different TPS/rpm settings on the Power Commander V for the Raptor. It's a nightmare.

i agree! i get the benefit of running EFI on a banshee. would depend how programmable the given map is to ensure fuel works much the same as the 2 jets (pilot and main) as we know they work at certain points of throttle. hardest part of it all is really getting the map and TPS set to ensure that. if i was going to actually look into this i rekon the best way would be to run a single carb setup. Would make things a touch easier getting that config right initially

Waste of 17 pages on the old HQ

Well this thread was re-ignited. So Zilla, you say you got an A, which I guess you mean you finished the project, right?

he got a no child left behind A  in theory. real world fail!

• Like 1

Name one EFI system on a 4-stroke that could work on a banshee.

No 450 system would work.

No sxs system would work.

None will work.

You couldn't use any of their ECU, even if you wanted to use a piggyback.

Yes, I could have made some of the components work, but why use used parts?

If I wanted it to be cheap and simple, I would have bought an Arctic Cat ZR580 and used its EFI system. That wasn't the point of this project. It was to design a bolt on kit. One that a person could buy and simply bolt on to their banshee and it would work.

John Stallworth has been experimenting with SOME of the the 450 efi components on banshees for a few years. No it's not direct, but he has made it work with the 450 stuff re mapped. It was his attempt at using OEM stuff to try and make an affordable kit.

You said you got an A. So that means you're cruising around on EFI? If not what's the progress? ( serious question not an asshole one)

This is good entertainment if nothing else :rotflmao:

Seeing as this is the net, proof or STFU and GTFO.

Sorry Zilla, but explain how you got an A if it wasn't finished?. (proof of both)

Same goes for driftshee. 3 degrees and you use a combo of English/Aussie slang, hoodrat, and hillbilly/redneck. Which are you? Generaly speaking an educated person doesn't use language in this manner :whistling: .

Don't want to ruin a Banshee? Pick something simple, like a YZ250 or Blaster. With 3 degrees and your mouth should be able to whip this out. I doubt it as your sig pic has stock pipes on it , WTF?

New or used parts, doesn't matter, if this was so easy there would have been a good working kit loooooong ago.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary.

sent from inside your gf/wife's pussy :jesterlaugh:

This is good entertainment if nothing else :rotflmao:

Seeing as this is the net, proof or STFU and GTFO.

Sorry Zilla, but explain how you got an A if it wasn't finished?. (proof of both)

Same goes for driftshee. 3 degrees and you use a combo of English/Aussie slang, hoodrat, and hillbilly/redneck. Which are you? Generaly speaking an educated person doesn't use language in this manner :whistling: .

Don't want to ruin a Banshee? Pick something simple, like a YZ250 or Blaster. With 3 degrees and your mouth should be able to whip this out. I doubt it as your sig pic has stock pipes on it , WTF?

New or used parts, doesn't matter, if this was so easy there would have been a good working kit loooooong ago.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary.

sent from inside your gf/wife's pussy :jesterlaugh:

1. It's easier to use slang from a phone rather than being anything else on here or any forum for that matter.... I mean I don't want to confuse you with proper english! Zilla couldn't understand the term convert and you can't read

2. who cares about my bike? It's brand new! Maybe you should read before running your mouth as stated above

3. It's not cost effective for me to waste my time building an EFI system BUT if I did it would use a basic temp sender for correction, TPS and a trigger from the timing side and run 32x32 matrix for tuning. This is easily viable/doable running a standalone fuel controller. Carbs would be passed off and run 2 ITB with a single injector in each. The rest is basic wiring! Not fucking rocket science

Why do something like this and half ass it?

Why use basic shit?

Why not use the best parts out there and do it the best way?

I only used one used part and that was the fuel pump.

10151450_10203573231196463_1301872240_n.

No JDS Battery Box?... you should be ashamed of yourself!

Why do something like this and half ass it?

Why use basic shit?

Why not use the best parts out there and do it the best way?

I only used one used part and that was the fuel pump.

10151450_10203573231196463_1301872240_n.

Well….win or loose…at least you have a spread sheet on the cost of the Fail.  :shrugani:

Anybody who wants to see it finished should just jump in with some personal investment money.  :ph34r:

• Like 1