cutting domes for 4 mil stroker

What's the proper squish and what's the best way to measure it? If a 4 mil will come. 080 or 2 mm further up in the bore is that the amount that needs to be cut from the dome? I ask because ill have my friend cut them at work because I can't afford to send them to someone for them to take 5 minutes to cut them and charge me $80-100. Thanks guys.

Not to be a dick but none of what you said Clint has to do with cutting domes. Its a matter of opinion(s) . How do I figure out how much my domes have been cut? I don't know the original depth of my domes. I'm just going by hear say and these parts have been through a few people so I want to make sure its done right. I don't have a lathe at home to cut little little bits at a time. So I need to know what to tell the Guy working on my stuff how much to cut the domes.

who quoted you 100 bucks for domes??

just keep it simple mock the motor up with the basegaskets you are going to use. tighten the cylinders. take a deck height measurement and call NOSS tell him what fuel you are going to run and about where you want the power at and what pipes you have. he charges like 70 bucks shipped for a set of domes tell him your on HQ and you will get a small discount.. dave is a super cool dude and will treat you right on what ever you need.

done and done

OHHH didnt know that..

id sell the head.. 100 for blanks is trinity prices.. i know NOSS dosent like to try and recut others domes. at least last i talked to him..

you can add the deck popup to the existing clearance. id set it a tad low then just trim up till you get what you want. .45 would be a decent starting point. if it deto's loosen it up to 50.. if you can have the motor sitting there where the lathe is just trim them drop em in check it and adjust.

If you can get blank domes, and they aren't some really weird shape, I can cut the chambers for a very reasonable cost.

I don't 'modify' domes that have already been cut but if they are blanks, I might be able to help.

-David

If you can get blank domes, and they aren't some really weird shape, I can cut the chambers for a very reasonable cost.

I don't 'modify' domes that have already been cut but if they are blanks, I might be able to help.

-David

The one and only world famous David Noss.

There you go. The best and only solution if you want to keep your current head. There is way more to a 2 stroke dome than keeping the piston from hitting the head. Dome size (wich changes any time you machine them), squish band lenght / width, squish band angle.

Edited by jbooker82