Are pods worth it?

I have had the pods on my bike for 1 trip about 3 months now and I love them. I don't know about the power aspect I just like that I can take my filter off and check my slides and do all that stuff very easily. I run them with outerwares and when I took my filters off to wash the bike i didnt see any particles of sand or anything in the carb.

On my bike the pods hit the stinger tubes. Not a big deal for me because I run exhaust heat wraps.

yes worth it.....in the sand and dust.

wouldn't trust it in wet conditions.....

pre-filters will help also....

there are a few members on here that do nothing but ride dunes and they run ONLY pods........and haven't had a problem. just make sure you get them on real good so they don't wobble off on the trails (or you can put a brace in to hold them up better over whoops) and make sure to rejet after!

I've had pods on the entire time for about nine years or so no Problems yet. They have fallen off a time or two after I had just put them on installer error. Once I correctly installed them they have never fallen off jumping, dragging and hill climbing just take your time when you put them on only way to go in my opinion.

I've got pods and I really like them. I think it's the best way to go. I like the easibility of taking them on and off to check my slides, like stated above. My only complaint is that they wobble off. I'm just using hose clamps right now, does anyone have any other suggestions? What is everyone else using to secure your pods to the carbs?

when installing the pods you can take sand paper and rough up the outer surface of the carb and then also rough up the rubber on the inside of the ring that seals to the carb. it will help it hold tighter. also you can make a simple brace......1 piece of metal that screws into the ends of both the pods and then another piece goin to a solid location....such as the engine or frame. This will prevent the pod from bouncing up and down on the carb and working its way off. also use quality hose clamps.....so you can crank down on them good.

I've ran pod filters on my bike for around 8 years and have only had one filter fall off and that was because I forgot to tighten the clamp down after I cleaned them. as said already, k&n filters don't agree with water but outerwears are water resistant so small splashes shouldn't hurt anything. Just dont go crashing thru deep puddles or try to skip across a pod or somethin. Lol. When you wash your bike just wrap a plastic bag around them and avoid spraying them directly with the hose.

the only thing im worried about is them falling off. i had that happen last year on my yfz filled the bottem end up with sand. seized my crank and most of my tranny bearings.

Use a zip tie around the back of the pods and run them thru the gap between the frame and subframe to avoid them calling off. I was tired of the zip ties so eventually i found a long piece of velcro when I had stock carbs.

I think they gave a pretty good power gain and I have ran them jn sand and water like small creeks the only problem I have had is if I leave it outside I'n the rain sometimes water gets I'n the filters and it makes it kinda hard to start but it's no big deal.

i didnt read the entire thread but here is my opinion..

pods falling off. stay AWAY from the cheapass chinese built k+n filter knock off's if it DOSENT say K+N on the back of the filter take it back or say naw i want the real deal. i have had those piles of shit fall off and RIP in half on bikes even ones that were nearly new the clamps are CRAP and the material is CRAP if you cannot afford the extra 20 bucks for the k+n's start saving for a new top end you will need it.

in my OPINION you dont need donkey dick 13" long filters. 6" usually works just fine..,

also if i can KEEP the airbox i usually try to. i chop it all up and mod it so it come off very easily ( dunes dry trails etc) the filter is nowhere near the exhaust, and if you pull it all apart and use a good plate, seal the hell out of it, it works excellent. only one filter to maintain, AND it dosent rubb on the frame or anywhere else. filter lasts a lot longer.. after i do what i do it takes 2 bolts and 2 clamps and the whole thing is out. no need for exhaust covers ( extra $$) or any other weird stuff. of course this is my OPINION!