Testing the Waters

Hey guys, I was hoping you might be able to help me with figuring out a price I might be able to get for my 2001 Banshee. First off, I know it's totally custom and custom shit is hard to sell, especially something in a small a niche as a woods Banshee. I know I'd be much better off to part it out, but I don't want to do that, I'd rather just keep it in one pice as I'm not in a bind for the cash and I really wouldn't mind hanging onto it. also, I know it is worth "what someone is willing to pay for it". I have had a couple offers and I'm trying to see if they really stack up. Anyway, here is the shee I built from the ground up, all new seals, turned every nut and bolt 2 years ago. It's got a ton of stuff. Just wondering what you guys would think would be a fair price. Thanks guys!!

p1010009.jpg

p1010007.jpg

p1010013.jpg

Biggest mods are:

-1 Swinger and matching TCS rebuilt rear

+2+1 LSR arms and Elka rec shocks

PT Mids

Cleanup port on fresh bore done by FAST, still makes 125# only has 5~8 hours on motor

Oversize Rad Torchworks

YFZ front brakes

HiPer wheels and Holeshot HD tires, 90% tread left, wheels are 95%

Also have a ton of spare parts to go with. Basically stock parts and stuff I never got around to selling from the 5 banshees I've parted out over the years.

PCd Frame, gussetted, most parts have fresh PC

Every seal and nut and bolt gone through at rebuild 2 years ago, this motor is tight.

Edited by LiftdT4R

ok, then 2800 sound better?

Little bit.

Wow, I didn't realize they took a hit like that, I used to see shitty bikes going for 2k+ all day long. I had an offer of 3500 and I felt that was a little low. I know these are worth much less after all the parts, but I was hoping to get half of what I had into back out, which would be around the 4 range. Guess that's a little bit of pipe dream now.

I'll have to do some hard thinking about that 3500. I LOVE the shee but I never ride it, it just sits.

Yeah, 3500 is a nice deal for that. I wanted 2500 out of my MX bike and it sat for over 6 months. I had almost the exact same mods as you. It is hard to part with it if you think about what you have into it. Thats why most people just keep it and continue to pimp it out. LOL.... I ended up parting mine out and I wish I would have kept it.

Little bit.

Wow, I didn't realize they took a hit like that, I used to see shitty bikes going for 2k+ all day long. I had an offer of 3500 and I felt that was a little low. I know these are worth much less after all the parts, but I was hoping to get half of what I had into back out, which would be around the 4 range. Guess that's a little bit of pipe dream now.

I'll have to do some hard thinking about that 3500. I LOVE the shee but I never ride it, it just sits.

if u can get 3500, take it. i guarantee u the bike on my lift has more money into it, times are real tough. don t use craigs as a guide cause the people are wishing their bike will pull 4 k. if u r tired of seeing it sit take the 3500 and run. or grind it out in parts.

What these guys said, $2500 - $3000 . What I would do is replace some of the high dollar aftermarket parts with nice stock stuff like your shocks and a-arms, sell that stuff and you should still be able to get $2500 for the bike. Then sell the few aftermarket parts --- should in the end put you closer to what you want dollar wise.