bearing carrier removal?

01blue

ok so i have an 01 shee. everything is off of the axle on the sprocket side. why the hell doesnt this bearing carrier slide off. there is something in the carrier connected to the axle, do i need to get that depressed out? any help would be greatly appeciated.

thank you,

tim

Probably just rust. I've come across this a few times. I sprayed the fuck out of it with liquid wrench, put the nut that holds the rear hub on so that the axle is not sticking out and tap the nut with a hammer. Just dont hit to hard or you'll fuck up the nut or the end of he axle. Good luck with it

i just heat up the carrier to about 300 and the bearing and axle will fall out with the bearing spacer stuck to the axle .or you can run around with the axle nut backed off a tad tell the bearing spacer breaks loose from the axle .yamaha don't put grease on the spacer you mite need a new one.

Are you trying to remove the axle or the carrier?

im working on removing the carrier. and the problem is the race is on the middle of the axle underneath my carrier, i just talked to a shop and they said usually they press it out. it can either be a big pain in the ass or not a problem. considering mine has been on since 2001 im guessing itll be a big problem haha but i sprayed the sit out of it with pb blaster and wd 40. hopefully it makes it a little less complicated

im new to this whole forum thing, and it was awesome you guys replied in time thank you very much for the input.

Just Great! banghead I'm about to do the same thing on my 99. The carrier bearings are a little sloppy. I bought all the parts now I just need to do the job. I have been putting it off because I'm worried it's gonna be a major PIA. I was hoping to avoid using a press...? <_<

Good Luck, let us know how it goes. :cheers:

Just Great! banghead I'm about to do the same thing on my 99. The carrier bearings are a little sloppy. I bought all the parts now I just need to do the job. I have been putting it off because I'm worried it's gonna be a major PIA. I was hoping to avoid using a press...? <_<

Good Luck, let us know how it goes. :cheers:

Yeah this sounds like a pain. When I took my stuff apart on mine everything slid apart like butter....i guess it helps being that its an 06.

yeah so i couldnt take it anymore, brought it to a shop in jersey got it done for FREE! the guy had to use a 50 ton press. there was no way in hell i was getting that bitch off! its all good now shes up n runnin strong! thanks for all the input guys.