Still losin to a yfz 450

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind how much he has spent compared to you.

always keep that in mind when he brags about beatin you of how much you paid and he paid.. my buddy beat me on my stock shee with his craptor 700 w/ a programmer and i would mention to him he paid 5500 and i paid 1800.. untill i got mine ported and then walked all over him :rotflmao:

Are you blowing the tires off on launch? Try 2nd gear launch. Is he always ahead or passing at end. Try 14t front. Might need new rear tires. Try racing on different surface if you think it might be advantage for you. Keep in mind how much he has spent compared to you.

Surprisingly I was hookin it up pretty good yesterday, I'll

usually hav him on launch than he passes at end, I could

prob use tires as well think I got some holeshots on there now, n yea he's def in alot deeper than me w money but who cares...lol can't wait to blow his tires off n shut the mouth up haha

now

• 3 weeks later...

What's up fellas, so today's the 3rd time iv taken the shee out since adding a noss cool head w 22cc.domes, chariot adj timing +4, and k&n filter it rips through trails as I hoped but I'm still losing to the 450 in 1/4 mile drags and he runs his mouth of course like all 4pokes do....I realize I'm more setup for low end power but I'm only losing by half a bike I was wondering what else I could do to get that extra edge, porting my next step but any more bolt on mods till than?

In IMO gearing is going to be the key to beating the 450. I race a guy that is about 100lbs lighter than me that has a 07 TRX-450R with a HRC Kit and I struggled with him for a while. I 6' 2" and weigh 225, he's 5' 5" and weighs 127lbs. you need to concentrate on your strong points and his week points. Gearing........ 4 Strokes have a lot of bottom end that is good but it also is a weak link. They have to really have to get there hole shot down pat to keep the front end from pulling up. Banshees hole shot weakness tends to be getting the back tires to hook. If you have the low end power to pull a 15-16 front tooth front sprocket you can launch it hard off the line with very little wheel spin, your front end will pull up about 12-15 inches but it will drop right back down when you hit 2nd. This will make your power band long and strong. and make you Banshee hard to beat.

You need a low end power set up in order to run the bigger front sprockets. This is my bolt on set up and it pulls 15/42 gearing great. I'm running a .020 Punch, Hot Rod's Forged Crank, and Wisesco Pro-Lite Forged Aluminum Pistons with NO port work. I built My Banshee to run Hare Scrambles.

Twin Keihin 28mm

Paul Turner Mids/Fat Boy Silencers

Boyesen Power Reeds

Billet Reed Cages

Billet Reed Cage Spacers

Magnum Boost Bottle

Ready High Flow Filter

Outer Wears High Flow Lid/Snorkel Booty

Trinity Stage IV Cool Head/20cc Domes

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Dynatec Ignition Coil

Electrosport High Output Stator

Accel 8.8mm Spark Plug Wires

Mod Quad Billet Water pump Impeller

In-Line Coolers

30% Bigger Radiator

CV-4 High Pressure Radiator Cap

RMStator Adjustable Timing Plate (+4°)

porting will give u the most gains when done right.... if u dont mind the expense of racegas go down to 15cc or 16cc domes gives u a killer punch out of the hole and gain u a bike length, in the long run shee done right should have high compression, advanced timing, good porting, and a larger carb to feed the new power.....then u will smoke most heavily modded 4 pokers mine does but.........................................theres always gonna be somebody faster!

15t front and try again.

x2.

My stock port trail Banshee (T5s, shaved head, +5 timing, 350 mains, K&N, no lid) would beat a bolt on YFZ by a ton on pavement. It'd hand their asses to them in dirt if we ran far enough as well (bad spinning out of the hole).

x2.

My stock port trail Banshee (T5s, shaved head, +5 timing, 350 mains, K&N, no lid) would beat a bolt on YFZ by a ton on pavement. It'd hand their asses to them in dirt if we ran far enough as well (bad spinning out of the hole).

x3..... if its a 1/4 mile u guys are running then a 15 front will probably do it......we race usually between 1/8 and 1/4

get pipes if not already and then get a good dune/play port and you will be able to walk all over the 450's

X2....I pimp yzf 450s & any other heavily modded 4 jokes with my HJR dune/play ported shee. Then go trail riding with them...... :rotflmao:

Not sure how much of a difference it really makes but the Toomey T6 pipes are for a bone stock motor no upgrades, with upgrades your suppose to use their T5's. I'm sure there are other members on here that can tell you the difference in the pipes, just my 2 cents

I had a set of T-6's & I switched to T-5's & they make a big difference.

port it. then you can give out bike lengths.

Exactly...I do it all the time & it will make you feel good to just keep kicking his ass.... :cheers:

porting will give u the most gains when done right.... if u dont mind the expense of racegas go down to 15cc or 16cc domes gives u a killer punch out of the hole and gain u a bike length, in the long run shee done right should have high compression, advanced timing, good porting, and a larger carb to feed the new power.....then u will smoke most heavily modded 4 pokers mine does but.........................................theres always gonna be somebody faster!

Man just port the damn BANSHEE...that's what your BANSHEE wants you to do......Then he will have to spend triple what you paid just to keep up. I was hard headed just like you & everybody else that wanted the most bang for there buck before porting. It's no better MOD than a DUNE/PLAY port to drag race your buddies & then trail ride & laugh the whole trail ride.

I always win in the long run. I beat many lightly modded 450's and some 660s never raced a 700 with the shee yet with a stock bike and old school fmf gold series with the lid still on. most of them get me on the bottom end but once i hit 6th gear I just smile as i pass them up and keep going. I also have a 450r

When I added dune porting and 30mm OKO carbs to my existing DMC piped it was like adding another cylinder. In a drag race most of the time the race is won in the first 60 feet. You can try an old street bike trick called tying the front end. Take one (or 2) of your tie downs and fish them from spindle to spindle going up over the highest part of the frame. Have someone stand on the front bumper while you strap er down. This points the nose into the ground and lets you launch a lot harder. Don't let your buddy on the 450 see you do this just roll up to the starting line and "gate em"