NEED FIRE

Having to roll start a banshee does not mean you need a rebuild,yes low compression is one issue that can cause it but by far is not the only one.

I have personaly seen all these issues cause hard starting on bikes with good top ends.

Dirty carbs/choke tube/dirty air filter/fouled plugs that still fire/bad grounds/weak stator/coil gap/spark plug cap/old gas/bad conecttion in the wiring/weak spark wich can be caused in 10 different places/poor jetting ect/wet air filter/over oiled air filter.

The very first thing i do when a banshee is hard to start,unless there is obviously a psi issue, is make sure the air filter isnt saturated,and try a fresh set of plugs even if the ones in it sill spark-and unplug the tors.

If your psi is over 110 in both cylinders and is within 5 psi of eachother i would be looking in other places for your problem.

Even without a psi test if the kick feels pretty solid i would try some new plugs.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

Having to roll start a banshee does not mean you need a rebuild,yes low compression is one issue that can cause it but by far is not the only one.

I have personaly seen all these issues cause hard starting on bikes with good top ends.

Dirty carbs/choke tube/dirty air filter/fouled plugs that still fire/bad grounds/weak stator/coil gap/spark plug cap/old gas/bad conecttion in the wiring/weak spark wich can be caused in 10 different places/poor jetting ect/wet air filter/over oiled air filter.

The very first thing i do when a banshee is hard to start,unless there is obviously a psi issue, is make sure the air filter isnt saturated,and try a fresh set of plugs even if the ones in it sill spark-and unplug the tors.

If your psi is over 110 in both cylinders and is within 5 psi of eachother i would be looking in other places for your problem.

Even without a psi test if the kick feels pretty solid i would try some new plugs.

thanks reynolds for the different point of view

• 1 month later...

can i ask if you have solved the problem or not and what you have done. because i am having the same issue with my bike having a high idle. but once start to ride around it is okay untill getting to a complete stop and it rises again. thanks

can i ask if you have solved the problem or not and what you have done. because i am having the same issue with my bike having a high idle. but once start to ride around it is okay untill getting to a complete stop and it rises again. thanks

It's either:

1) Idle adjustment (in either cable or idle screw if you have one)

2) Lean

3) Air leak

Edited by Koolguyson