Shee cold start

MrDups44

It's most likely in the carbs. Pull them off but take notice to a few things as you do it. When you pull the slides out make sure that the cut out side is facing toward the back. That lets air flow through at 0 throttle for idling and can affect starting also. There should be a crossover tube between the carbs. It's just a small piece of rubber hose near the top of the carb bodies. If it's missing you'll have starting issues. When you pull the bowls off of the carbs to clean them, youll notice one of them has a small jet in the bottom of a 'tube' that's molded into the body of the bowl. That is the 'starter jet' and it has to be in the left side carb or you will have trouble with cold starts. Otherwise, clean them thoroughly and be sure to reinstall as listed above. And make sure your slides are synced when you put them back in. If you still have issues with cold starts do the other basics - new plugs, clean filter, fresh gas etc. If you still have issues, check your compression. If you're much below 110 you may be in for a top end.

Hey milo thanx for the info now I just pulled the carbs off yesterday and I did notice that tube I'n the left carb also I noticed a plastic piece I'n the left carb that I didn't know where it came from so I left it out. I have been working on this for a few days so I put new plugs fresh gas and then that's when I decided to pull the carbs and clean them up now I did check compression I took one plug out kicked it over a few times WOT and both cylinders were around 95psi but my thing is if compression was to low why does it start right up after u get it running that 1st time I mean u barley have to kick her to get her started right back up it's just that initial start help anyone plz!!

if you only have 95psi in each cylinder then you DEFINATELY are in for a rebuild! It will restart easier because of the heat that is still in the pistons adn rings....they swell a little with heat and help seal the compression....but not much. Anythiing less than 110 and she's gonna run real sluggish and be a pain to start. If you take about a teaspoon of oil and put it down the sparkplug hole and do a compression test right away it should read with more compression....this is another way to test that it is just in need of a rebuild.

Was the plastic piece semi circular and white? if so it gets a splash guard that gets put in the carb UNDER the main jet... ie you have to put it in place and then the main jet screws into its hole holdng the plastic piece in. I've seen the bikes run without them....however you should put them back in.....it helps for the splashing and also spaces the main jets out to the correct distance from the carb sorta like a washer.

Id suggest sendign your jugs out to a site-sponsor as they eat sleep and breathe these bikes.......and they have all the stuff you need on their shelves and can get you the rebuild kits WAY cheaper than you could at most local shops...

Jereme

if you only have 95psi in each cylinder then you DEFINATELY are in for a rebuild! It will restart easier because of the heat that is still in the pistons adn rings....they swell a little with heat and help seal the compression....but not much. Anythiing less than 110 and she's gonna run real sluggish and be a pain to start. If you take about a teaspoon of oil and put it down the sparkplug hole and do a compression test right away it should read with more compression....this is another way to test that it is just in need of a rebuild.

Was the plastic piece semi circular and white? if so it gets a splash guard that gets put in the carb UNDER the main jet... ie you have to put it in place and then the main jet screws into its hole holdng the plastic piece in. I've seen the bikes run without them....however you should put them back in.....it helps for the splashing and also spaces the main jets out to the correct distance from the carb sorta like a washer.

Id suggest sendign your jugs out to a site-sponsor as they eat sleep and breathe these bikes.......and they have all the stuff you need on their shelves and can get you the rebuild kits WAY cheaper than you could at most local shops...

Jereme

+1 B)

it really doesn't matter too much. you may notice 1-2 lbs difference if you were to do it while its warm......however as it sits now your 15 lbs BELOW where most of us would normally tell you to start thinkin of a rebuild (110 psi). So basically it doesn't matter....your gonna wind up having to do a rebuild. If you keep pushing it the way your running now it will continue to run however eventually your compression will get so low that you will need to pull start your banshee behind something else and you will not be able to shut it down unless your willing to pull start it on the trails. And it can cause more damage internally as parts will wear faster from excessive piston slap. So just do the right thing and check into a rebuild. Im pretty sure you can find a rebuild kit from one of our site sponsors for around $180 dollars including seals and then you just need to pay for the bore from them.

Jereme