1st gear killing it

acroadam

When I start my banshee and let it warm up for 30 seconds to a minute, I put in first gear and it jerks forward and kills the banshee. And when that happens I try starting it in 1st gear it won't start. But after it warms up its fine. But if I really wanted to ride it within 1min, I have to drop the clutch so it will go...any suggestions? Thanks Adam.

X2 on what Larry said. Its likely your clutch out of adjustment if it doesnt do it right away. Did it just start doing it, or has it always been sticky?

Thanks for the reply guys. Ya it just started doing it. And when it does warm up it doesn't do it anymore. So should I change my trans oil, and adjust the clutch? And what kind of trans oil should I use? Thanks

Mine has been doing it from when I put the tusk clutches in and I have adjusted them several times and it doesnt seem to help. It only does it if I dont warm it up and it doesnt do it every time. Also I am running Belray gear saver for the trans oil. Some peple swear by typeF atf but when i put it in mine it worked for about 15 feet and slipped like crazy changed it out with belray and no problems since.

Edited by 3lue by u

if the clutch is adjusted right and so is everything else it's normal. When the transmission oil is cold, it's sticky. So when you put it in first, it doesnt fully disengage. So once it's warmed up, it will.

Just let her idle for a bit or give it more than normal gas when clicking her into gear.

if the clutch is adjusted right and so is everything else it's normal. When the transmission oil is cold, it's sticky. So when you put it in first, it doesnt fully disengage. So once it's warmed up, it will.

Just let her idle for a bit or give it more than normal gas when clicking her into gear.

Ya my clutch is adjusted perfectly according to the clymers Manuel. I just let it warm up for 5 min and its fine...thanks guys