Stock airbox with portwork

Going on a trail ride in a few weeks. Haven't ran anything but pods since the port work and CPI's. I am a little bit concerned with sucking in water if we happen to run across it. Should i leave the pods or put the air box back on?

How bad will the air box choke down the motor?

I would just go SLOW if you come across any water. But for the piece of mind you could always throw your box back on....You will have to re-jet or your bike will be running way too rich.

Not sure if this would work...Could you zip-tie some kind of bag or something to ride with? When I wash my bike with pods I always throw a grocery bag over my filters. Not sure if it could be ridden that way, but just a suggestion.

I don't like bashing through any puddles, but sometimes they cant be avoided, get charging through the trails, especially following someone and there it is. Never very deep, just a little water in a low spot on the trail. I'll probably just leave it alone and take it with me just in case.

stock air box set up right wont hurt your air flow much at all.

recently i have been switching back to airbox parts due to pod filters rubbing on the frame and pissing me off with the sand they let in and shit. i mod the stocker a LOT it is easy to remove and can be set up in ways to work fully open and closed up mostly for wet area's i have a 421 cub with a stock box on it it runs well.

Your pods are not really in a direct splash area. You will be fine with them on. We water skim with pods. Just make sure you have outerwears. They help a lot.

I thought about spraying my outter wears with scotch guard. I haven't tried it yet, but should help if any water gets on it, it should just bead up....but avoid water if you can