vin number?

dtr7720

man i went though the same shit with my banshee. It's been powder coated and when they did it they nearly took off the vin number. it was a pain to get the powered coat off because you don't want to sand it away. you need to use paint thinner or somthing to get the powder coat off. even after i got mine clean the BMV lady try to tell me she couldn't read it. only reason they did is because i had a tittle from the prev. owner.and read off the vin to them and agrued how could i have rembered that number.good luck

it on the shifter side. it ends right about where the bar in front of the motor going down meets the frame, but start about 1/2 inch or so from that on the side of the tube moving to the front of the frame. good luck. oh yeah i know i said paint thinner but man it still fxcking stucked. lol. i ended aslo using some other paint stripper stuff that are bodyshop had. and i used a razor to srcap the top layers off the used and rag to finish.

Edited by bansheesrtoys

it on the shifter side. it ends right about where the bar in front of the motor going down meets the frame, but start about 1/2 inch or so from that on the side of the tube moving to the front of the frame. good luck. oh yeah i know i said paint thinner but man it still fxcking stucked. lol. i ended aslo using some other paint stripper stuff that are bodyshop had. and i used a razor to srcap the top layers off the used and rag to finish.

its looks like there was bondo over it? but no there is no vuin number anywhere on it that i can find, il just have my dad take the frame to work and sand blast it? would that work?

its looks like there was bondo over it? but no there is no vuin number anywhere on it that i can find, il just have my dad take the frame to work and sand blast it? would that work?

The problem with that is it will make the vin un reconizable. The vin numbers are not stamped very deep. Almost like a lazer etching.

Like Booker said, its super hard to see, even when you do know where it is. Dont sand blast it clean, maybe use something lighter instead of sand, Im just not sure of the options available? Even then its stamped so lighlty, that it might get damaged.

ok well i just took some scotch bright and took the powder coating off, il take a pic but there it nothing there, atleast that i cant see, is iton the bottom or top of the frame?