Won't fukin start!

30years

I was talking to a few of you about the carbs on my shee being to big or not. Well, I swapped out the 34mm carbs I had, and went back to stockers. I removed the tors and put the idle screw in, and now the damn thing is starving for gas. I took all the jets and the choke and the floats and float needles out of the carbs sprayed them down with carb n choke cleaner, and blasted em out with air. Now I have to spray starting fluid to get it started and rap the throttle to keep it running. HEEELP!!!post-38394-12952199248365_thumb.jpg

I was talking to a few of you about the carbs on my shee being to big or not. Well, I swapped out the 34mm carbs I had, and went back to stockers. I removed the tors and put the idle screw in, and now the damn thing is starving for gas. I took all the jets and the choke and the floats and float needles out of the carbs sprayed them down with carb n choke cleaner, and blasted em out with air. Now I have to spray starting fluid to get it started and rap the throttle to keep it running. HEEELP!!!post-38394-12952199248365_thumb.jpg

If you just did the TORS, i'd bet you didnt grind enough of the boss down and the idle screw isnt getting the slides up high enough to idle.

You may have more than one problem. The hard start could be from the bowls being on the wrong carb. The idle could be from the idle screws needing adjustment. Make sure to double check everything. Just a suggestion.

Did you rejet your carbs for the colder temps? I live 45 minutes west of you in Columbiaville just outside of lapeer, I am running stock carbs with 350 main jets, 30 on the pilots and aftermarket needle's with clip, 1 groove off the bottom. It was a hair lean at 68 degrees on the dyno, If I was to run mine in this 25 degree weather I would probably be running close to 400 mains, just a idea you might just be way too lean on your jetting which would cause a hard start.

You may have more than one problem. The hard start could be from the bowls being on the wrong carb. The idle could be from the idle screws needing adjustment. Make sure to double check everything. Just a suggestion.

what is the diffence in the bowls? because i looked at mine today and they look exactly the same, i even put them on backwards and did not have this starting problem?

what is the diffence in the bowls? because i looked at mine today and they look exactly the same, i even put them on backwards and did not have this starting problem?

theyre not the same... one one has the choke circut. if you take the bowls off there is a brass siphon tube feeding down into the bowl... only the carb with the choke knob has it. it feeds down into a hole in the bowl (BOTH bowls have the hole) at the bottom of the hole there is a tiny brass jet (choke jet) the choke jet is only in the hole on ONE of the bowls.... the bowl that has it is the one that needs to be on the carb WITH the brass siphon tube (not to be confused with the angled over-flow tubes that both bowls have)