2006 Banshee - new, still in crate

BowenCT

I bought a bone stock 2006 banshee off the showroom floor back in 2006. Took it out to theshee's place and beat it up for a day. Took it home and tore it all apart and put all the parts in boxes. Used it all for spare parts over the next few years. I don't think I have any of the parts left from it any more. LOL! I've had a couple 2006 models... traded one, tore the others apart. It is kinda nice to have one that you know exactly what's been done to it and don't have to worry about the history or maintenance on it.

i would pay up to 5200, thats what they used to go for in the dealerships new.if you were lucky you could talk them down to 4600. thats what my brother paid out the door new. I would keep it in the crate till my son was older (4 last tuesday) and let him modd it and see what he comes up with. He already loves my banshee and tries to work on it with me.

I'll let you guys get a good laugh out of this, When I shopped for my Banshee last spring I wouldn't even look at one that had been modded up any more than a set of pipes/air filter, or maybe a set of wheels and tires. I finally found a 2004 about an hour away from my house that was completely stock except for a Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch and Clutch Basket. I ended up paying $2,000 dollars for it. I figured a Banshee in it's stock form with a exhaust would be the best set up for trail riding, and endurance racing... Hell, 97% of all the Sport Quads (all of them newer 4 strokes) that race in The Kentucky Off Road Hare Scrambles are in near stock form. Some of them have a complete exhaust, but most just have a slip on silencer, air filter (In Stock Air Box), jet kit or EFI Programmer, and thats it, So I figured a Banshee would be the same.

I found out quick about my 3rd or 4th time out when I started riding with some of the newer 400's, 450's, and 700's the Banshee needed upgrading quick. Before the day was over I broke a ring! I was almost at the top of a 50ft vertical hill when I didn't have enough power with the stock 14/42 gearing and I bogged. I revved it up and popped the clutch 4-5 times and I finally got on top of the hill with everyone else, I cut it off to take a smoke break and let the engine cool down because it was steaming and puking coolant every where. When we got ready to take off my kick starter wouldn't budge.

Over the past few months I've Built a completely different Quad. I upgraded all the internals with forged parts, upgraded the complete cooling system (radiator, lines,water pump impeller, water pump housing, inline coolers, and cool head), I upgraded the entire suspension front and rear, and just about everything on the bike has been modded, upgraded or changed, except the rear swing arm and frame.

I would have been much better off buying a modded Banshee, The Banshee in it's stock form is a very poor performing machine IMO. I would have been way better off buying a modded Banshee. Even if the set up wasn't to my liking I could have changed it and at least the parts I took off would be worth some money. Learn from my mistake don't invest more money in a stock machine thinking you will have a better platform to start modding because thats defiantly not the case...... with Banshee's any way!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 46 brand new banshee's in crates 10 out of crates in 2007 I sold them all with a 500.00 profit each. They lasted us 1 month and were ship in a large container. They were sold for 1000.00 more than what we made on top of that to the public.

A crated banshee is like a crated RZ or RD or even at that think of what a going price is on a 1989 crated Honda TRX250r Fourtrax. They go for a fortune if you can find them and worth every penny. So it really comes down how serious of a Banshee hobbyist you are? The prices of used banshee's have been going higher and higher around areas that people know of them or want them. But if you find one in back of a barn I'm sure you can score a deal like you would an Old Kawasaki H2-750. But... if you find a Old H2 750 in a area people know there value you will pay a shiny coin for one. More likely the farmer would be more happier to get rid of it than hold on to it.

If 2-strokes stay banned form the US expect a spike in prices for all 2-stroke to go up. My estimated guess @ about the 10- year mark from 2006 will be the best value. I've seen the trend change happening real quick in our areas people fixing all there old 2-strokes or buying used. the 4-strokes are doomed i hate to say... They'll be worth as much as an old 4-strike bike from the 80's. I have a raptor 660 that has a bad motor in it i can't even give it away for $400.00 lol....

I'll tell you what as well.. There's nothing sweeter than being the 1st to crack lose bolts on a new banshee. I hate molested banshee's you have to re-trace everything to make sure they haven't been fooled with the wrong way. Even thou one can piece one together still never the same....

http://www.wickedatv.com/duportal30/pictures/BansheeinCrate5bmp.jpg

http://www.wickedatv.com/duportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=858&iCat=211&iChannel=3&nChannel=Pictures

• 1 month later...

i paid $7800 for my 2010 a couple of weeks ago, i could have bought a modded one cheaper but figured this is the last run of them, i always wanted a new one and i reckon if i didnt buy this one i would never again get the chance ( it is a bag of shit standard though :jesterlaugh: ,needs a few mods me thinks!! )