K&N pods rubbing exhaust pipe

Meat

Hey guys I got a question about K&N pod filters rubbing on the exhaust stinger. This Banshee has 34mm PJ's, a big ol' ModQuad billet intake, K&N pods with the angled boots and FMF Fatty pipes. The right sides pod clears the stinger pipe by a good 1/2 inch, but the left side's pod is just barely touching the exhaust stinger, touching enough that It is going to melt the Outerwear and possibly damage the pod filter too. So what do I need to do in a situation like this ?

-denny

I run a boss intake, 33pwk's with 6in 10 deg k&n pods. Rh side is fine, left filter is fine but the outerwear will touch from time to time.

I just use a short cascade innovations heat wrap. It is a 6 to 8 in sleeve that you slip on the stinger tube. It insulates good. They don't even get hot. You can touch them with your bare hand.

Hey guys I got a question about K&N pod filters rubbing on the exhaust stinger. This Banshee has 34mm PJ's, a big ol' ModQuad billet intake, K&N pods with the angled boots and FMF Fatty pipes. The right sides pod clears the stinger pipe by a good 1/2 inch, but the left side's pod is just barely touching the exhaust stinger, touching enough that It is going to melt the Outerwear and possibly damage the pod filter too. So what do I need to do in a situation like this ? Thanks for hearin' me out....

-denny

Zip tie them together homie, used to do it all the time, can reuse it when you clean em works great.

loosen the clamp, and turn the pod, if angled, or even just push it over, and tighten the clamp......... if that doesn't do it, rubber bands or zip-tie, like mentioned.....you can even do the same with the carbs in the intake boots...

loosen the clamp, and turn the pod, if angled, or even just push it over, and tighten the clamp......... if that doesn't do it, rubber bands or zip-tie, like mentioned.....you can even do the same with the carbs in the intake boots...

This worked for me. My pods were hitting my airbox mounts and rubbed holes in my outerwears. I fixed that with some permatex automotive silicone. That fix was for future reference.