how fast does a stock banshee go?

Yeah, but what tires and how much pressure??

-Pasi S.

Cut down knobbies at 30psi!

lol, okay, I'll quit screwing around. To the OP, the primary gears are the set of gears that drive the clutch basket from the crank. You can replace the drive gear on the crank and the driven gear behind the basket with a 2.68:1 straight cut set. If you find yourself with a huge front sprocket (like a 17 tooth) then you might want to consider this as an option. But, if you have stock gearing just play around with your sprockets. I'm curious though, why do you want to go faster? Off road it gets, umm, "exciting" when I'm pegged in 6th. Unless you have balanced tires, anything over 75mph is going to start shaking and wobbling. When we all race, its the acceleration that wins the race. And, although some wide open places I can get into 6th, I'm not there very long.

A long time ago when I got my first banshee we also had a police radar set up near my house. With fmf's and 15/40 gearing it showed around 80 if I remember right.

Doesn't really matter though unless you're blasting down some fire roads, you never see those speeds with 90% of riding.

I can take a 2006 Honda 450r that is cammed with mine. Mind you I can just take him. Side by side all the way up to 5th. I'm not good at starts either, he always gets the lead of a bike length, then I catch up.

I don't know everything that is done to mine but what I know is done.

Bored 40 over (wiseco's 65)

Vforce reeds

Pro Circuit Platinum pipes.

Just took apart the head. I have Stock domes, no porting what so ever. Air Box is stock, has K&N air filter.

The only other thing I have is a boost bottle, which I want to get rid of.

My clutch springs are huge, but that's about it. (don't know the make)

So porting is not necessary to beat a 06 and up 450r.

just last week in the blizzard we had...i was on a main road an there was atleast 6" of snow down an i was just shifting 5th gear full throttle an crossed under the hanging speed clocks and my brother behind me said it read 56mph...im stock with pipes/jetted and a filter...i could see going 70-75mph if in the top of 6th is very possible....56mph in the snow feels like 156mph lol

I picked up a 2004 shee last spring, COMPLETELY stock with the exception of an aftermarket front bumper. Stock tires with practically no wear even.

As calculated by my GPS unit on completely flat ground: 117km/h (72.7 mph)

Throwing a set of 22x11-9 tires on the rear and changing NOTHING else: 120km/h (75mph)

why is the general public so obsessed with the top speed of everything? when people find out my car is turbocharged, the first question is "what does it top out at?"

fuck if i know and fuck if i care. it gets there pretty fast though.

why is the general public so obsessed with the top speed of everything? when people find out my car is turbocharged, the first question is "what does it top out at?"

fuck if i know and fuck if i care. it gets there pretty fast though.

I couldnt have said it better myself! The true answer is "WHO GIVES A FUCK!". Hardly ever do you top one out. I'd love to see a guy top one out at waynoka, cuz u'd be dead if you did when u flew off the backside of a dune. Ive never gotten past 4th gear in a drag race.