FRESH BUILD, HARD TO START

heater

SO I JUST REBUILD WHOLE MOTOR BOTTOM TO TOP, TOOK MY TORS OFF, PUT K&N PODS ON. STOCK STROKE, 66.5 BORE +4 TIMING, FEW OTHERS. IT WAS HARD TO START MONDAY NIGHT BUT IT DID START AND RAN GREAT, TONS OF POWER. NOW IT WILL NOT START AND MY FOOT AND LEG ARE TIRED OF KICKING. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IT COULD BE OR WHAT I NEED TO DO?

THANKS

IT HAS PLENTY OF FUEL AND AIR. THE SPARK SEEMED LIKE IT WAS WEAK EVEN BEFORE IT STARTED MONDAY, BUT THEN WHEN IT DID START MONDAY AND KEPT STARTING FINE I DIDNT THINK ANYMORE OF IT. ITS GOT A NEW STATOR IN IT. IVE CHANGED THE PLUGS. I DID HAVE GAS AND OIL COME OUT OF THE PIPES MONDAY BEFORE IT STARTED BUT HASNT DONT IT SINCE. LIKE IT LOADED UP FOR AWHILE

okay....stop yelling heater.....

change your pilots to 27.5s.....the fatties will like it and it should aid in starting also. Is your choke tube on or maybe fall off? Did you do a leak down test? and it may have become flooded.......pull off your silencers and tip it back on its back and maybe a little farther without letting it fall over and see if you get fuel out of the pipes......ive seen it where they become flooded and the less size of the expansion chamber (due to so much fuel in it) causes the bike not to fire.

okay....stop yelling heater.....

change your pilots to 27.5s.....the fatties will like it and it should aid in starting also. Is your choke tube on or maybe fall off? Did you do a leak down test? and it may have become flooded.......pull off your silencers and tip it back on its back and maybe a little farther without letting it fall over and see if you get fuel out of the pipes......ive seen it where they become flooded and the less size of the expansion chamber (due to so much fuel in it) causes the bike not to fire.

[/quo

its not the choke tube or an air leak. it started, and ran fine... if it were an air leak, especially the choke tube, it wouldve revved itself, idled high, and kept running after hitting the kill-switch....... garuntee its the float bowls. pilots do need to be 27.5 though

Alright I will try and drain the gas out ofthe chambers. I did have fuel coming out after I had it runnig and the floats do need to be set. It's over flowing just sitting there. Not bad like a stuck float or a needle valve. I'll put the 27.5 pilots in tomorrow morning too.