can they be saved

bansheeboi

i have a set of t5 that are pretty rusty the shaft on the stingers dark in color from rust and the pipes oh boy not sure what to say bout them but there rusty is all i can really say question can the be saved i thought bout sanding them with a scothbrite pad on a ziz wheel the clean the metal but i know the shine is dead or just junk them an grab a fresh pair sorry no pick this computer is an ass got an photobucket account but it shuts down everytime i try to load

my pipes on my bike were super rusted when I got them. I dipped them in clr/water for a day and most of the rust came off. The problem I had was that the pipes were pitted. so I polished them back up and the parts that have no pitting look mint but some parts looks dark and pitted. the clr works great though.

It all depends on how deep the rust has gotten. If its deep in there then the pipes will never look like new but will still work just fine. you could always dunk it in clr clean them off and paint them.

my pipes on my bike were super rusted when I got them. I dipped them in clr/water for a day and most of the rust came off. The problem I had was that the pipes were pitted. so I polished them back up and the parts that have no pitting look mint but some parts looks dark and pitted. the clr works great though.

It all depends on how deep the rust has gotten. If its deep in there then the pipes will never look like new but will still work just fine. you could always dunk it in clr clean them off and paint them.

thats wsup ive got pics of them on my phone will it be cool if i sent them to ya so u can see what im working with?

i have a set of t5 that are pretty rusty the shaft on the stingers dark in color from rust and the pipes oh boy not sure what to say bout them but there rusty is all i can really say question can the be saved i thought bout sanding them with a scothbrite pad on a ziz wheel the clean the metal but i know the shine is dead or just junk them an grab a fresh pair sorry no pick this computer is an ass got an photobucket account but it shuts down everytime i try to load

Get some high temp paint, and paint them.

Unless they have holes, or massive dents (which can also be fixed) you could always sand blast them and paint them vht black. (you will want to burn the carbon and oil out first with torch before sandblasting otherwise dirt will stick to the oil when sandblasting)

Cody

is this one sentence? :mellow:

you have to look at what chrome is there.......the sitngers, i would paint. the pipes can be cleaned, but once the chrome has been removed, you are not gonna polish it back on. that's not to say that once the rust is gone the chrome won't look good, just that if it's peeled off it's gone

Unless they have holes, or massive dents (which can also be fixed) you could always sand blast them and paint them vht black. (you will want to burn the carbon and oil out first with torch before sandblasting otherwise dirt will stick to the oil when sandblasting)

hell i bet you could just plug the ends of them with some rubber stoppers and save yourself the time from having to burn up the oil and crap