YFZ shocks with Fullflight A-Arms?

Wertzy

YO,

I just purchased some +3 FullFlights, for yzf shocks. I got the heavy-duty hiems and the arms come with plates welded in place to protect your shocks. Out the door shipped for 385.00

I would have saved up for something "better" but these fit the bill and I just had them delivered today. Worth the upgrade from normal fullflights, very stout.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about going +3 but I'd be worried about being too wide for trails around here. Think you could get me a total width measuremeht once you get them installed? I will just compare that to my friends ltr450 cause that is a wide bastard. Lol. If he can fit throughout trails then I should be able to also.

It will be awhile till installed. Since I have to install the +3 brake lines, I am ordering brake rebuild kits, wheel bearing kits, a-arm bushing kits and steering bearings. Just gunna tear down the front end while the arms are off. :shootself:

I was thinking about going +3 but I'd be worried about being too wide for trails around here. Think you could get me a total width measuremeht once you get them installed? I will just compare that to my friends ltr450 cause that is a wide bastard. Lol. If he can fit throughout trails then I should be able to also.

get ur stock width plus 6 and u should have your answer. the ltrs are as wide as donkeys ass.

I have Burgard a arms on mine, +2+1, and its wider than both of my buddies LTR450s. Im presently at 50", and I have found it to be the perfect size for my trail and mx riding. It has lowered my bike by an inch or so, as Ive gone with a stock length shock, but I think the YFZs have a longer shock, so that wont be an issue.

I bought my a arms used, but I would definitely steer away from them, as their coomunication is horrible. I have also had one hell of a time finding skid plates for the aftermarket arms, so Im gonna have a set made by a fabricator who lives across the street from me.

Why not buy a used set of better quality a arms, and just purchase new ball joints for them for piece of mind?

post-34779-1292738184306.jpg

Cal, I should smack you. You are doing more harm than good by giving the dirt something to stick to. Probably the worst thing you can do to a heim is to lube it. I guess it will temporarily stop the squeaking, but once it dries out, it will be worse than before. The best remedy, is to not run those junk ass metal on metal heims. Get the teflon ones, and they won't make noise, and, like I've said before, they will outlast your banshee.

I know its expensive but I take a Kleenex from time to time and dip it in Z-MAX Micro-lubricant and lay it on the Chromoly Hiems when my banshee sets for a long period of time. Then when its time to ride I take the Kleenex off and throw it away and wipe off the excess lubricant. unlike WD-40 or other lubricants Z-MAX can be wiped off, and still protect because it penetrates metal, and secrets a microscopic film that dirt and dust wont stick to.

Z-MAX is $20 for a little 12oz bottle, but I think its the best stuff on the market. I run a small amount the fuel treatment in every tank of fuel. heres a You-Tube video:

My Full Flights have 12 pt adjustable Chromoly Heims. The guys at Full Flight told me in order to run the YFZ Shocks I needed to buy the kit they make for the YFZ Shocks and they are +3+1's. I don't know why they get bad reviews I can't find one thing wrong with them.

• 1 month later...

As long as it stays in my $450 budget, I'd be all over it. :headbang:

I know this is a little late, you posted this about a month and a half ago, but theres a local Machine shop that I know the owner of thats a good buddy of my Dads. He made me a set out of aluminum. I wanted them to look like DG Baja Series skid plates so they would match all my other DG Guards. They turned out great. He made mine for free, I'll try to find out what he would charge to make another set. A mater a fact he sent me 3 a arm skids for some reason? I'll send you some pictures of my DG Replicas that are on my Full Flight +3+1 a arms, and a picture of what one looks like off the Banshee.

I redesigned them a little bit I thought front guard should be flipped so it would run with the contour of the bike. so thats how I had them made. Heres the instructions I sent to them.

156781_472303184827_742274827_5571910_4092127_n.jpg

156781_472303179827_742274827_5571909_1641038_n.jpg

156144_471755689827_742274827_5564293_1494010_n.jpg

But I'm running close to the same set up as you are except my a arms are +3 vs + 2. Remenber if you are going to use the YFZ Shocks with +2 a arms you need to buy 2004-2008 YFZ Shocks. I'm running 2009 YFZR Shocks on my Banshee and its border in to high in my opinion. As far as the a arm skids go I'll Mail you the extra one I have if you want to get some one local to duplicate it. As far as skid plate fasteners go call DG. I like there fasteners, they hold the skids on good, they look good and clean, Theres nothing to snag on the bottom, and a little Loc-Tite with PERMATEX will keep them from backing out. I recommend PERMATEX Loc-Tite be used on every nut and bolt you put on you Banshee, the Shit works. I think the Fasteners cost around $2.50 each shipped. Any way let me know if you need any help with this, I understand where your coming from; after market a arms are not cheep and you want to protect them. Even if they have a life time free replacement warranty you don't want to be the guy who has to load you bike up early and miss out on a day of riding because you damaged an a arm. Plus it protects the finish. :cheers:

Jim