YFZ shocks with Fullflight A-Arms?

Wertzy

I know the fullflight's get mixed reviews from you guys, but its what I can afford and I really am a little leary about using YFZ a-arms.

Does anyone have pictures of fullflight +2 a-arms while using YFZ shocks? Its what I plan on running on my Shee and would just like to see what the ride height would look like. Thanks.

Might also go ASR...really not sure yet lol.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact set up you are wanting to do and have never had any issues with it. I was in the same boat as you and I didnt want to put yfz a-arms on and I didnt want to spend a ton of money on aftermarket arms. As for the shocks, they are a damn good upgrade from the stock banshee shocks. I didnt want to spend a huge amount of money on elka's or works shocks so I went the economical way and got yfz shocks and the +2 fullflight's. PM me ur email address and I will snap as many photos of mine as you want. Oh and I also used my stock brake lines as well. If someone tells you that you need +2 brake lines, they are full of shit and dont know what they are talking about.

Yep, I agree with Cal. Its a nice and cheap upgrade over stock for sure. I'm not sure if your aware or not, but Wicked A-arms cost just as much and have the same warranty. Yet they use ball joints instead of hiems, which in my opinion is a much better way to go. I've had both wickeds and Full Flights and I would buy the wickeds again over the Full Flights.

Yep, I agree with Cal. Its a nice and cheap upgrade over stock for sure. I'm not sure if your aware or not, but Wicked A-arms cost just as much and have the same warranty. Yet they use ball joints instead of hiems, which in my opinion is a much better way to go. I've had both wickeds and Full Flights and I would buy the wickeds again over the Full Flights.

Do any of our site sponsor's sell the Wicked Arms? Would much rather support one of the site sponsors.

I agree that the balljoints are nicer. The fullflight's hiem joints have to be lubricated (WD-40) more often than a ball joint would need to be serviced. Everytime I go ride, I spray my hiems down with wd-40 and pump the front end up and down to make sure the wd-40 gets down in the joint. If you dont keep hiems lubricated, they will get really squeeky. Also, MAKE SURE on fullflights you RED LOCTITE the balljoints on the a-arms. If you dont they can back themselves out and then you lose your entire spindle, hub and tire. I check mine periodically. Ill snap photos for you when I get off work tonight of what Im talking about and label the photos of what Im talking about. Sometimes its easier to see in pictures and understand better what Im trying to say lol!

I agree that the balljoints are nicer. The fullflight's hiem joints have to be lubricated (WD-40) more often than a ball joint would need to be serviced. Everytime I go ride, I spray my hiems down with wd-40 and pump the front end up and down to make sure the wd-40 gets down in the joint. If you dont keep hiems lubricated, they will get really squeeky. Also, MAKE SURE on fullflights you RED LOCTITE the balljoints on the a-arms. If you dont they can back themselves out and then you lose your entire spindle, hub and tire. I check mine periodically. Ill snap photos for you when I get off work tonight of what Im talking about and label the photos of what Im talking about. Sometimes its easier to see in pictures and understand better what Im trying to say lol!

Cal, I should smack you. You are doing more harm than good by giving the dirt something to stick to. Probably the worst thing you can do to a heim is to lube it. I guess it will temporarily stop the squeaking, but once it dries out, it will be worse than before. The best remedy, is to not run those junk ass metal on metal heims. Get the teflon ones, and they won't make noise, and, like i've said before, they will outlast your banshee.

Cal, I should smack you. You are doing more harm than good by giving the dirt something to stick to. Probably the worst thing you can do to a heim is to lube it. I guess it will temporarily stop the squeaking, but once it dries out, it will be worse than before. The best remedy, is to not run those junk ass metal on metal heims. Get the teflon ones, and they won't make noise, and, like i've said before, they will outlast your banshee.

LOL! I have never had an issue with attracting dirty using wd-40. I wipe em down after every ride and lube em back up. No issues man. :headbang:

Another quick question for you guys...

Do ANY of these arms, Wicked, ASR, Fullflight...offer any skid plates for them? I ride trails only and come across a lot of rocks, sticks, etc.

I could be wrong but I don't believe any of them do.

Something you could consider is contacting Tim at Stellar and having him build you some a-arms.

no skids available for plus two arm.....they are very strong as is.......i have fullflights as well they take a beating and so does the finish.......i ride a ton of rocky trails never had an issue...you will be impressed it a total diff ride.....

Yeah I bet they ride ALOT better than stock....good upgrade over stockers for sure :headbang: . I want some stellar's someday soon, but getting a swingarm first.