YFZ shocks with Fullflight A-Arms?

Wertzy

I have Burgard a arms on mine, +2+1, and its wider than both of my buddies LTR450s. Im presently at 50", and I have found it to be the perfect size for my trail and mx riding. It has lowered my bike by an inch or so, as Ive gone with a stock length shock, but I think the YFZs have a longer shock, so that wont be an issue.

I bought my a arms used, but I would definitely steer away from them, as their coomunication is horrible. I have also had one hell of a time finding skid plates for the aftermarket arms, so Im gonna have a set made by a fabricator who lives across the street from me.

Why not buy a used set of better quality a arms, and just purchase new ball joints for them for piece of mind?

Check out my post thats two down, Thats what I had to do, and it worked out great. I'll get some pictures posted asap.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are the pics! did u guys get the ones meant for the yfz shocks? or just the regular +2 and slapped em on there. and do they sit higher?

I got my +3+1 Full Flight a arms (FOR YFZ-450 SHOCKS) with 12 point adjustable Chromoly Heims, and the tie rods of eBay from FullFlightRacing for $380.00 Shipped. I wanted to go with the +2 kit at first but the guys at Full Flight said in order for everything to work correctly I had to go with the +3 a arms. If your running the newer YFZR/YFZX Shocks your front end will end up being +2 with the +3 a arms because the shocks are long (17 inches eye to eye) VS the older YFZ-450SE 2004-2008 shocks that are (15 3/4 inches from eye to eye). It just depends on what you like and what kind of riding you do. My Banshee ended up setting a little high in the front with the newer YFZ Shocks so I went down a tire size in the front from a 21X7-10 to a 20X6-10 and that helped out and made everything match up about right. If I run up on a older set of YFZ Shocks cheap I'm going to sell my newer model shocks and run the older ones. My suggestion would be:

Get the Full Flight +3+1 a arms (FOR YFZ SHOCKS) with the Heims, Buy a set 2004-2007 YFZ-450SE Shocks, Forward Powersport's +1+1 HD axle, and run a a set of deep dish wheels.

• 11 months later...

I got my +3+1 Full Flight a arms (FOR YFZ-450 SHOCKS) with 12 point adjustable Chromoly Heims, and the tie rods of eBay from FullFlightRacing for $380.00 Shipped. I wanted to go with the +2 kit at first but the guys at Full Flight said in order for everything to work correctly I had to go with the +3 a arms. If your running the newer YFZR/YFZX Shocks your front end will end up being +2 with the +3 a arms because the shocks are long (17 inches eye to eye) VS the older YFZ-450SE 2004-2008 shocks that are (15 3/4 inches from eye to eye). It just depends on what you like and what kind of riding you do. My Banshee ended up setting a little high in the front with the newer YFZ Shocks so I went down a tire size in the front from a 21X7-10 to a 20X6-10 and that helped out and made everything match up about right. If I run up on a older set of YFZ Shocks cheap I'm going to sell my newer model shocks and run the older ones. My suggestion would be:

Get the Full Flight +3+1 a arms (FOR YFZ SHOCKS) with the Heims, Buy a set 2004-2007 YFZ-450SE Shocks, Forward Powersport's +1+1 HD axle, and run a a set of deep dish wheels.

Guy's I was going back through some of my old BHQ posting and I wanted to make sure I corrected this so no one is miss led. You can run all the new YFZR components with the Full Flight +3 A Arm's "FOE YFZ SUSPENSION COMPONENT'S with 12 point adjustable Chroolly Heims " with the OEM YFZR Spindles, Hubs, Brakes, Brake Lines, and Steering Stem Flag but it works best with a +2 aftermarket/Modded YFZR Steering Stem. As long as the quad is setting on the ground the geometry is correct and the Heims can be adjusted so the joints aren't in a bind. That being said when the weight transfers is throws the geometry out of wack do to the extra length incorporated in them. The best thing to do if you want to use the Stock YFZR Shock's is have them reworked. I have a friend that owns a ATV Performance Shop "Withrow Powersport's" and he got with Race-Tech and found out the adjustments that need to be made and the other Race-Tech Components that need to be purchased and it's fairly cheap. I know one thing is the Spring itself but I'm not real sure about everything else. I ended up selling my 2010 YFZ-450R Shocks and replacing them with a set of 2007 YFZ-450SE Shocks and it turned out great, but if I had know Matt (Shop Owner) at the time I would have let him reworked the 2010 YFZR shocks so I would have had a full 2010 YFZ-450R/Full Flight set up. Plus the Newer YFZR Shock's are better that the YFZSE Shock's. The way I see it in order for the suspension to be set up properly and perform at it's maximum potential the YFZR and the YFZSE Shock's need to be Rebuilt and Re-valved for the Banshee as well as the rider's weight and "Feel" preferences anyway so you might as well go the extra inch and use the YFZR Shock's because there a better building platform to start from VS the YFZSE Shocks.

I know a lot of the members of BHQ say the YFZ Front Suspension/Full Flight A Arm Swap Sucks compared to Elka, Work's, and Fox Shocks with a Lone Star A Arm Kit made for a Banshee, but I rode other Banshee's that belong to other people that had Work's and Elka Shocks and they've rode mine and come back and said my Banshee Rides and handles better than theirs. I havent run into another Banshee owner that was running Fox Floats or any other form of Fox Shock so they might be different. I also don't know about there shock set up as far as custom set up, they might have just bought a set of used Work's or Elka's off the internet and just bolted them on without any adjustments for there Quad or themselves. I have about $780.00 tied up in my complete front Suspension, and I have a OEM Rear Shock and Swing Arm. I had Matt Withrow Rebuild and Re-valve the Stock Rear Shock and put a Heavier Race-Tech Spring on it to support my weight (225lbs) and I couldn't be happier with the suspension. I took all the Suspension measurements off a 2010 YFZ-450R and Bought a +1+1 Forged Rear Axle from Forward Powersport's and I bought a set of ITP T-9 Polished Aluminum Rear Wheels and a Set of Polished Aluminum Douglas Yellow Label Front Wheels and a new set of BKT AT-111 21X7-10 Front Tires and a New Set Of BKT AT-111 20X11-9 Rear Tires (Front Tires are NOT Depicted In Picture Spec Diagram Bellow) to complete the set up and allow the Banshee to have the same Suspension Spec's, Travel and Wheels Base as the 2010 YFZ-450R.

In the Suspension Completed, Rebuilt, Re-sprung, Re-valved and set up for me and my quad I have under $1,000 invested, and if MattSCSS is reading this, I'm 98% there after my Suspension guy and I do a little more fine tuning I'll put my suspension up against any suspension set up you can put together for under $1,000 and beat it. That' was your suggestion back when I started trying different things and refining this set up and I think I'm there with any worries! :cheers:

400191_10150572767014828_742274827_9000980_1511268663_n.jpg

Edited by Thack82

In the Suspension Completed, Rebuilt, Re-sprung, Re-valved and set up for me and my quad I have under $1,000 invested, and if MattSCSS is reading this, I'm 98% there after my Suspension guy and I do a little more fine tuning I'll put my suspension up against any suspension set up you can put together for under $1,000 and beat it. That' was your suggestion back when I started trying different things and refining this set up and I think I'm there with any worries! :cheers:

Hit up David... DDQ...

You keep up with him on the track, and I will eat crow.

You already lose.

Hit up David... DDQ...

You keep up with him on the track, and I will eat crow.

You already lose.

I'm sure I sound like a jerk making that comment but he has talked shit about my Cobbled up YFZ Front Suspension from day one. I was trying to help some other HQ Members who were thinking about doing the swap by telling them what parts were needed and what year YFZ components would and wouldn't work and he raked me over the coals. The YFZ Suspension with Full Flight A Arms is a great upgrade over the stock Banshee Suspension. I thought it was good in stock form and then I met and became good friends with a Guy who opened a ATV Performance Shop near by. He Graduated MMI "Marine and Motorcycle Institute" back about 12 or 13 years ago. He's got a good working relationship with Race-Tech and a bunch of the guys that work in he shop and he was telling them about the conversion I did. They cut him a unheard of deal on the parts Gold Valves, Springs, and a few other things) and some other stuff and after he tuned them in the out come was way more than I expected.

When I told him I had originally bought YFZR and I couldn't get everything the way I wanted it so I sold them and bought SE Shocks he dropped the bomb on me and told me that he had talked with the guys at Race Tech about that when in a previous conversation and Race Tech had the guts needed for the R Shock Conversion and I could have used them and the swap could have been a true 2010 YFZR Component Swap other than the +2 aftermarket YFZR Steering Stem and the Full Flight A Arms. He set my quad up for MX, he says a Quad set up for MX will perform better for some one like me who does all types of riding VS a Suspension that set up just for the Woods. It turned out good and I would recommend the YFZ Conversion and Aftermarket A Arm Set Up to anyone who's wanting to upgrade there Banshee Suspension.

I'm sure I sound like a jerk making that comment but he has talked shit about my Cobbled up YFZ Front Suspension from day one. I was trying to help some other HQ Members who were thinking about doing the swap by telling them what parts were needed and what year YFZ components would and wouldn't work and he raked me over the coals. The YFZ Suspension with Full Flight A Arms is a great upgrade over the stock Banshee Suspension. I thought it was good in stock form and then I met and became good friends with a Guy who opened a ATV Performance Shop near by. He Graduated MMI "Marine and Motorcycle Institute" back about 12 or 13 years ago. He's got a good working relationship with Race-Tech and a bunch of the guys that work in he shop and he was telling them about the conversion I did. They cut him a unheard of deal on the parts Gold Valves, Springs, and a few other things) and some other stuff and after he tuned them in the out come was way more than I expected.

When I told him I had originally bought YFZR and I couldn't get everything the way I wanted it so I sold them and bought SE Shocks he dropped the bomb on me and told me that he had talked with the guys at Race Tech about that when in a previous conversation and Race Tech had the guts needed for the R Shock Conversion and I could have used them and the swap could have been a true 2010 YFZR Component Swap other than the +2 aftermarket YFZR Steering Stem and the Full Flight A Arms. He set my quad up for MX, he says a Quad set up for MX will perform better for some one like me who does all types of riding VS a Suspension that set up just for the Woods. It turned out good and I would recommend the YFZ Conversion and Aftermarket A Arm Set Up to anyone who's wanting to upgrade there Banshee Suspension.

Again, like has been said COUNTLESS times... TONS of people have done EXACTLY what you did. What you did was NOTHING out of the ordinary. I'm not sure why you think it is? Suspension is not rocket science.

On another note, your second paragraph makes almost no sense so I didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

The fact is, David has an absolute TOP NOTCH suspension system, DESIGNED FOR A BANSHEE, and is close to where you're at price wise. He runs Axis front shocks, with a completely built Ohlins rear shock. He is also FULL long travel, not standard travel, like you are. Davids front end pulls a USABLE 13"+ of front wheel travel.

I stick by mine, and other's previous statements: Using take-off parts from another machine is NOTHING short of cobbling together something. You may think it works well, but for the price, you could have gotten better. Point blank. David did.

• 4 months later...

Guys ive saw this topic and went and bought +3+1 Fullflight A-Arms for yfz shocks.I founda friend who hooked me up with a guy who wanted to sell brand new YFZ450 F-8 i-Shocks for a very cheap price.Ive installed everything what can i say its the best suspension set-up ive ever ridenn in my life awsome!!!!!!notworthy.gif

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii489/Ayoub_Huda/560105_4058581633253_455026247_n.jpg

Tell me what u guys think about it?headbang.gif