exhaust seems stronger from one side than the other

nvrstsfd23

I just got an 06 banshee. I cleaned the air filter and put new plugs in it. I got it to fire up and run but it seems that the the left side pipe doesn't blow out the smoke as hard as the right side. Also when I rode it it would bog down a little and then come to life. I contributed that to be cold but not sure. When I pulled the plugs they both looked the same. Any ideas on what to check I am going to do a compression and a leak down test first.

I haven't checked the carbs sync yet. I think I found the reason though the clamp on left side pipe to silencer is shot and I losing pressure out through it and I think thats the difference out of the back. However it is a stock banshee and the compression showed a reading of 115. How bad is this and what is involved in fixing it.

I haven't checked the carbs sync yet. I think I found the reason though the clamp on left side pipe to silencer is shot and I losing pressure out through it and I think thats the difference out of the back. However it is a stock banshee and the compression showed a reading of 115. How bad is this and what is involved in fixing it.

I would still check the sync and fix that exhaust leak. If your all stock I think 115 is a little below normal.

• 9 years later...