vitos superstock piston review

too_fazt

ok since there isnt much info on these i figured id put it out there for anyone considering these. i didnt take pictures of them when i got them but first impressions where, short beefy skirts with large windows located at a higher placement then wiseco an overall good looking piston.

my bike currently is .40 over stock cylinders with no porting whatsoever. vforce 2 reeds with reed spacers, timing plate +4, stock carbs main jet at 290, occasionally switch between pods and box, cpi pipes, coolhead with 19cc domes. +1 tooth front sprocket.

a buddy of mine has a very similar setup to mine with regular pistons so i have a pretty equal comparison. my riding style is mostly open road riding and trails.

so far i have put about 10-15 hours on the bike, always making sure to let my bike warm up before revving/riding it. there is a distinct stronger top end pull over the stock piston bike but still has enough strength to lug through trails without having to keep it in the powerband. overall nice power without sacrificing low end.

lining up against each other it is pretty even, i attribute this to me needing to learn how to launch on pavement with brand new knobby tires.. however if were rolling i pull on him every time.

so far no complaints. ill keep this thread up to date, until i swap out my top end to aftermarket.

Ive herd vito's has a bad rap for people holing there pistons but Ive had o problems with my vito's engine kit they no what do if you ask them about it 98 percent of the time you run it 6 jets to lean and burn a hole in the piston . it makes me sick when i here there piston bust rings and hole the pistons on every engine build in the first 3 hours . be smart not stupid people.

• 2 weeks later...

took off the cylinders to do a trade, and something happened to the ring and pulled up the lip where the recessed exhaust area is (would never even have noticed if i didn't take it apart). lucked out that it didnt mess up the jug.

PIECE OF SH**. thats my review on the low hour vitos piston.

My best friend has the vito's pistons with a 4 mill crank and stock cylinders with no porting. (The pistons are the style that has the lowered edge to simulate a slight port job) He's making 52HP on our DynoJet 188 ATV chassis dyno with a set of Pro circits, stock head and stock carbs. He also rides that thing like it's his daily driver. 82 HOURS on it since he did it this spring!!! :headbang: He's running 40:1 oil and mixing VP113 and premium pump gas at a 50/50 mix. So far it's going great. :shrugani:

My best friend has the vito's pistons with a 4 mill crank and stock cylinders with no porting. (The pistons are the style that has the lowered edge to simulate a slight port job) He's making 52HP on our DynoJet 188 ATV chassis dyno with a set of Pro circits, stock head and stock carbs. He also rides that thing like it's his daily driver. 82 HOURS on it since he did it this spring!!! :headbang: He's running 40:1 oil and mixing VP113 and premium pump gas at a 50/50 mix. So far it's going great. :shrugani:

i bought my 01 in may of 2010 and the guy i got it from my dad knows well he did the top end for the first time and put a set of vitos in there he put about 10 hrs on it before i bought it i bought it had 135 with stock head and i burned 6 gallons of oil threw it this summer so thats alot of hrs and compression still is 130-135

ok with a cool head i inspected to see exactly what happened. it seems the little stop to hold the ring in place pushed into the crown allowing the ring to spin around in its gap...it spun all the way around to the exhaust caught and pulled up the recessed exhaust portion. rings were gapped correctly. just bad luck looks like.

i don't have good luck with vito's pistons the rings get stuck on the exhaust side

Any chance that jetting is the issue? Sometimes with the simulated porting, you can get a little lean and end up getting that leading edge a little too hot. (I know mine buddy's exhaust porting was chamfered to prevent early ring failure because we do that with all the motors.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i just put mine in last ride of the year. like you said i didnt feel as much power change as it said i would get, lets just hope they give me a good few years.

i have had mine for 3yrs now, no problems! good performance for the price! mine dynoe at 65rwhp with 33pwks vf2s t5s! .60over on bore!