Timing the ajustable timing plate

I've been reading through a few threads about adjustable timing plates and pretty much have the install down BUT!!!!!! here comes the silly question HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY TIME IT . the timing plate install that's pinned to the repairs and mods forum says to use the crack or split in the case as ur timing line can some one clarify this or post a couple of pic's just to clear up my confusion here thanks. :confused:

I've been reading through a few threads about adjustable timing plates and pretty much have the install down BUT!!!!!! here comes the silly question HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY TIME IT . the timing plate install that's pinned to the repairs and mods forum says to use the crack or split in the case as ur timing line can some one clarify this or post a couple of pic's just to clear up my confusion here thanks. :confused:

theres a top and a bottom case half. to adjust or set your timing plate, line a number up where the case halves meet. basically, if you look at the center of the stator/timing plate and look to the right untill you see the cases there will be a line (this is where the case halves meet) if the line is lined up with 0 then your timing will be at 0. more then likely you will want the case half line to line up with +4, which would obviously set your timing to +4. click the link vvv

http://www.dunereview.com/Banshee%20Lighting%20Upgrade/TimingAdvanceDetail.jpg

theres a top and a bottom case half. to adjust or set your timing plate, line a number up where the case halves meet. basically, if you look at the center of the stator/timing plate and look to the right untill you see the cases there will be a line (this is where the case halves meet) if the line is lined up with 0 then your timing will be at 0. more then likely you will want the case half line to line up with +4, which would obviously set your timing to +4. click the link vvv

http://www.dunereview.com/Banshee%20Lighting%20Upgrade/TimingAdvanceDetail.jpg

Awesome thats exactly the info I was after you cant get any clearer than that. Was that your bike and if so what breed of timing plate was that one or could you recomend one. Thanks for that :cheers:

Awesome thats exactly the info I was after you cant get any clearer than that. Was that your bike and if so what breed of timing plate was that one or could you recomend one. Thanks for that :cheers:

I've used the Ricky Stator timing plate on all my bikes and never had an issue.

Heres a link: http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=131

glad i could help! :cheers:

it's not my bike, but it does look to be a ricky stator timing plate. i've used both a rickystator timing plate and an rmstator timing plate and have had no problems with either.

I recommend the chariot. They are nice pieces. A lot of guys run the ricky stator plate. They are cast like the stock one so....... I bought a chariot one from the site sponser off of ebay. It is billet and looks pretty but serves the same purpose as the RS one. You choose. The billet ones are more durable but that doesn't seem to be an issue with timing plates.