Trading my Banshee for...

cudaz101

Im prolly gonna take some heat for this but Im trading because...Just rebuilt my Banshee (HJR +4mm Stroker) maybe around 65-70hp and its a total beast. Love the power. BUT its also a gas hogg and after 20min on the trail I have to head back to camp or the truck or whatever. Not Cool....Im not going to go backwards with the power so Ive been trying to sell it and now a trade option has come up. Not 100% sure on the trade though cuz I dont know much about the Raptor700 at all.

This guy on the coast has a garage queen 06 Raptor700 with less than 20 hours on it and no engine mods. I think Im gonna do it...I can always pick up another Banshee and build it like I had my old one but this one is not going to work for me. Shame too cuz I put alot of money and effort into it.

Brad

Im prolly gonna take some heat for this but Im trading because...Just rebuilt my Banshee (HJR +4mm Stroker) maybe around 65-70hp and its a total beast. Love the power. BUT its also a gas hogg and after 20min on the trail I have to head back to camp or the truck or whatever. Not Cool....Im not going to go backwards with the power so Ive been trying to sell it and now a trade option has come up. Not 100% sure on the trade though cuz I dont know much about the Raptor700 at all.

This guy on the coast has a garage queen 06 Raptor700 with less than 20 hours on it and no engine mods. I think Im gonna do it...I can always pick up another Banshee and build it like I had my old one but this one is not going to work for me. Shame too cuz I put alot of money and effort into it.

Brad

If your gonna go 4 stroke get a 450!! Them raptor 700's arnt all that great.. Very high off the ground.. and I dont think they have the power of a 450.. I had a yfz450.. Great trail bike and she ripped in a straight line.. And i could ride all dayon a tank of gas!! I traded the 450 for a banshee..... but i still would recommend a 450 over the raptor...JMO

If your gonna go 4 stroke get a 450!! Them raptor 700's arnt all that great.. Very high off the ground.. and I dont think they have the power of a 450.. I had a yfz450.. Great trail bike and she ripped in a straight line.. And i could ride all dayon a tank of gas!! I traded the 450 for a banshee..... but i still would recommend a 450 over the raptor...JMO

yea the raptor is a great bike, lots of power for a stock bike, but i would go with a 450 because its lower and more built for sport and really riding hard. the raptor is more like a work quad with sport plastics IMHO. but in the end its up to you.

yea the raptor is a great bike, lots of power for a stock bike, but i would go with a 450 because its lower and more built for sport and really riding hard. the raptor is more like a work quad with sport plastics IMHO. but in the end its up to you.

Thanks for the insight guys. I ride some pretty rough trails sometimes and I like the idea of the "Work Quad" description shoopie made. I dont have anyone asking to trade their 450 so thats not really on the table. If it was I suppose it would be tough to decide only becasue I like the idea of having reverse even though Ive gotten by for years without it. Ive ridden a 660 Raptor and liked the usable down low, even though the bike I rode was a total rattle trap pile...He has beat to total crap out of that bike and it keeps running. Saw the pipes right at the cyl. glowing RED many times and it keeps running??heh Granted Im not going to be abusing my ride but it speaks volumes for the engine IMO...

Im probably gonna do it since Ive had little to no luck selling my banshee.

Brad

Why not get a 5.5gal tank?

haha...Well the trade didnt go down. Dudes wife said Cash Only....heh Thats funny to me cuz my wife dont get involved with my bikes, quads, boats, cars, etc...lol She knows better...

So I might end up putting the stock carbs on it and see how it does. Then if its still not gonna let me ride for a few hours I will try a 5.5 tank...Man thats alot of fuel, then again it wont be alot for LONG....lol My fkn Renegade 800 holds 5.2 and gets about 30mpg.

Brad

Brad

You must have a carb problem. I can ride for hrs on a tank of gas. I have a pair of 38mm carbs, and a bigger motor.

You must have a carb problem. I can ride for hrs on a tank of gas. I have a pair of 38mm carbs, and a bigger motor.

Thats good to know...We'll see if I can get it all sorted out.

Brad

Ok I'll have to say the 450's are pretty sweet bikes and when you are talking a bout stock bikes side by side it is a toss up between the 450 and the Craptor' but once you start modding the 450 is a ticking time bomb because from the factory they are already wound so tight, the raptor from the factory is not nearly as tuned as what the 450 is (ever wonder why there are 450's making the power of a 700?) and once you start modding them they are always going to have their inheerent tq that comes with their motor design all you need to do is build more on the top-end/over rev.

Ok I'll have to say the 450's are pretty sweet bikes and when you are talking a bout stock bikes side by side it is a toss up between the 450 and the Craptor' but once you start modding the 450 is a ticking time bomb because from the factory they are already wound so tight, the raptor from the factory is not nearly as tuned as what the 450 is (ever wonder why there are 450's making the power of a 700?) and once you start modding them they are always going to have their inheerent tq that comes with their motor design all you need to do is build more on the top-end/over rev.

Yea but that responce that I quoted is why it is fun. Let them know they just got beat by a utility quad with no racks.

• 2 months later...

Brad

go with the Raptor its way more reliable than a grenade