Avgas

I went to Atlantic and got it for $4.81 gal

They wave the $20.00 facility fee.

Got 29gals for $155.34

But there is some BS Non Fuel Subtotal for $14.50.. What the F is that?

It is just a pricing game. The fuel prices there didn't change. They simply add $0.50 per gallon as an extra fee. The price of $4.81 is actually $5.31 a gallon when you add in the fee. Same thing I paid. They started doing this about a year ago. The slip used to say $5.31/gallon. Now they just choose to record it as 2 separate prices.

Interesting topic. I've always followed the rumor that running aviation fuel in anything other than airplanes would burn your motor up due too the slow burn time.

This would save me the hassel of having of having 2 gas cans for wife's banshee (pump gas) and my TRX250r (50/50).

Any of you guys running aviation fuel in your 4-strokers (YFZ450)?

Oh ya :) i run it in my 13:1 05 CRF 450 . Good for the valves :) and smells even better.

Just started running 100ll yesterday. Seems like my banshee liked it a lot more than the VP c12 I had in it before. Its a lot smoother burning and top end seemed to benefit a lot.

judging by your sig at a glance, it doesn't look like yolu had enough compression for the c-12, or were you mixing 50/50?

AV gas is good stuff! It ages better than any fuel I know of when kept in the right conditions, it's cheaper than race gas, and holds a closer octane ratting than race gas, is going to be clean fuel, free of water and dirt and any gay ass stuff they put in at the pump these days.

All the stories about burning up engines.....the time that most planes are asked the most for power is on take off and climb out, when they have the most weight on, and are running at WFO throttle! Once you are up, you back out of the throttle and tune with EGT's.

Here is a link for AV gas prices by zip codes, watch the date that it was last updated.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

AV gas is good stuff! It ages better than any fuel I know of when kept in the right conditions, it's cheaper than race gas, and holds a closer octane ratting than race gas, is going to be clean fuel, free of water and dirt and any gay ass stuff they put in at the pump these days.

All the stories about burning up engines.....the time that most planes are asked the most for power is on take off and climb out, when they have the most weight on, and are running at WFO throttle! Once you are up, you back out of the throttle and tune with EGT's.

Here is a link for AV gas prices by zip codes, watch the date that it was last updated.

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

that's an awesome link there....not to mention it tells you where you can get it in like 100miles or so from your zip code...

that's an awesome link there....not to mention it tells you where you can get it in like 100miles or so from your zip code...

yea. i think it was like $5.90 out here. not too bad compared to the $14 a gal that the vp was

yea. i think it was like $5.90 out here. not too bad compared to the $14 a gal that the vp was

I want to run it. (Tim over at Titan Racing recommends it.) That guys set enough national track records to end the "It's just made for airplanes" debate!

But I live 45 miles west of Chicago, and they won't sell AV fuel to ANYONE without a tail number and a bunch of other paperwork! banghead They act like selling the fuel to me would be like supporting terrorism. :blink: But I still wouldn't save much using it because Chicago area things like that are marked up HARD. Use that fuel pricing link and enter 60134 zip. Then look at the price mark-up if you bought fuel from Chicago's O'Hare Airport....$2.50+ more, just cause....... :yank: I tried every local airport. Even the small grass field ones out in the sticks. NOPE. Won't sell to me for risk of loosing their fuel license. :( Guess I'll have to stick with the VP fuel.

If you guys can still get it out by you, Enjoy. Hope the fuel Nazi's don't clamp down on the sale of AV gas out by you. :unsure:

I want to run it. (Tim over at Titan Racing recommends it.) That guys set enough national track records to end the "It's just made for airplanes" debate!

But I live 45 miles west of Chicago, and they won't sell AV fuel to ANYONE without a tail number and a bunch of other paperwork! banghead They act like selling the fuel to me would be like supporting terrorism. :blink: But I still wouldn't save much using it because Chicago area things like that are marked up HARD. Use that fuel pricing link and enter 60134 zip. Then look at the price mark-up if you bought fuel from Chicago's O'Hare Airport....$2.50+ more, just cause....... :yank: I tried every local airport. Even the small grass field ones out in the sticks. NOPE. Won't sell to me for risk of loosing their fuel license. :( Guess I'll have to stick with the VP fuel.

If you guys can still get it out by you, Enjoy. Hope the fuel Nazi's don't clamp down on the sale of AV gas out by you. :unsure:

i used to buy mine from a gas station just off the oad...not near an airport at all........have you tried saying that you run an ultra-lite?....they might make you use an av-gas aproved metal can, though......

100LL is the stuff to run... Mixing it 4 to 1 with some pump helps get a complete burn. Been running it forever.

For you Phx guys... I get mine at Falcon Field in Mesa. They have a self serve pump on the tarmac where you just swipe your card and pump. It is $4.41 gallon right now (I picked up on Thursday) for 100LL Blue.

You can drive your rig thru the gate and pull up to the pump... Just be cool, watch for aircraft and drive slow! They have been really cool about letting me in and out that place for years.

I've ran the Av Gas shit for ever..stock Banshee, CR 125's, 250's, 500's ...You will always have your haters or know it alls that claim it will cause engine damage but what ever !!!! My shit never blew up from running it, I think it made it last longer due the lead content helping with extra lubrication.

I ran that stuff in my R6 last summer and thought it ran a lil leaner, but the bike is on the lean side already..( needs rejetted badly ), but am thinking it had something to do with the Av gas being an oxygenated fuel.

Regardless I think it's a great fuel and will always run it for dune'n or hard running, I will also run it through my bike again once rejetted.

At the airports I just told them I had a homebuilt / experimental plane, because they did ask

Edited by RZBansheeMan