Best pipes for low end power

sootman73

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how far you are planning to build.... by far, pro circuits are king, and i love mine. however, on a stock bike, they aren't as efficient as t-6, but the t-6 will choke out a motor that is ported with reeds, carbs, pods, timing, compression, etc

...no response yet...

...no response yet...

hey im running FMF gold series fattys with power core 2 silencers on my 2001 and trail ride all the time, kinda alrite pipe, i find myself clutching once in a while to get a lil more out of it but want to get the pro circuts for a lil more bottom end as i cant hit 6th gear around were i am( not enought open room)

You can run more compression(requires race fuel) and/or stroke the bike. You can also run more timing. That may also require race fuel depending on how much. That will give you a lot more power off the pipe.

IMO low end on a banshee means power off the pipe. :confused:

You can run more compression(requires race fuel) and/or stroke the bike. You can also run more timing. That may also require race fuel depending on how much. That will give you a lot more power off the pipe.

IMO low end on a banshee means power off the pipe. :confused:

The pro circuits are a very good low end pipe, But what cajun said makes the most sense to me. Either mill the head or get a coolhead to up the compression and increase the timing. Those mods with the t5s will be a ton more power before the powerband hits than just switching to pro circuits. IMO And you will not lose any high rpm power and IMO you will pick up topend also. Banshees can benefit from higher compression with no other mods. As yamaha kept the compression a lil low IMO maybe to keep the 2 stroke emissions down or maybe keep cylinder heat down. I'm not sure maybe someone can either back this up or correct any wrong info I have posted.