rz350 conversion input?

gofast5

What option do you suggest instead? I'd love to do the serval cat because thats exactly what I want. A strong motor that rips arms off on topend with a user friendly power that can still be trail ridable. I figured if I could get the rz parts cheap enough itd be cool just because its different and the pv's would help alot.

well, i plan on going rz, unless i can get some cyls made first. the point of it is to have real nice low-end for woods with a strong mid-top. for those who think cheetah power isn't good enough in the bottom. and, i'm gonna run it off my dyna fs, and be able to program the pv timing where i want it.

What option do you suggest instead? I'd love to do the serval cat because thats exactly what I want. A strong motor that rips arms off on topend with a user friendly power that can still be trail ridable. I figured if I could get the rz parts cheap enough itd be cool just because its different and the pv's would help alot.

I'd go with the Serval Cat hands down. Why mess with that old technology?

Like he said, above the powervalves give some impressive bottom and midrange while not killing the top-end. If you can find the RD350L/C Cylinders from UK or Greece(postage wasn't bad on some parts ordered recently) you can definitely save some cash. However, Harness, Stator, servos, jugs, CDI, regulator/rectifier(if you run battery) would get expensive. Lots of the electrical components are going bad, and even harder to source these items. I used to own an RZ banshee, and am building a DT200R blaster(YPVS basically same as banshee set-up) and have had to get doubles on the parts. I'm even currently trying to build my own CDI and Servo(based off R/C car servo) to power the blaster because I need the back-up. Just something to think about, you can always get the more expensive parts to run the electrical side of things. However, it is important to remember any YPVS related machines manufactured by Yamaha are not easy/cheap to find parts for. I know this is my first post, and been out of the banshee scene for a while. Just wanted to chime in. Anyone know if GRR racing is still around?

Like he said, above the powervalves give some impressive bottom and midrange while not killing the top-end. If you can find the RD350L/C Cylinders from UK or Greece(postage wasn't bad on some parts ordered recently) you can definitely save some cash. However, Harness, Stator, servos, jugs, CDI, regulator/rectifier(if you run battery) would get expensive. Lots of the electrical components are going bad, and even harder to source these items. I used to own an RZ banshee, and am building a DT200R blaster(YPVS basically same as banshee set-up) and have had to get doubles on the parts. I'm even currently trying to build my own CDI and Servo(based off R/C car servo) to power the blaster because I need the back-up. Just something to think about, you can always get the more expensive parts to run the electrical side of things. However, it is important to remember any YPVS related machines manufactured by Yamaha are not easy/cheap to find parts for. I know this is my first post, and been out of the banshee scene for a while. Just wanted to chime in. Anyone know if GRR racing is still around?

If by GRR you mean grand river racing I think so but I think theyre more drag racing orriented, not my scene

Little off topic but still would like to share....

I have a RD(RZ)350 31K YPVS street bike and I love how the motor gives the power. I can go uphill roads with 3000 RPM´s only.

It´s geared lower than stock but it can still do 112 mph.

Good power range is between 4500 to 9000.

I know this one old man in my town who has a new 31K motor(1984) sitting in the garage. He´s asking 1000€´s for that. It´s a complete motor without the battery. I´m saving the money for that.

One of my dreams is to build a RZ Banshee for my son. Nothing extreme, only healthy 2-stroke.

-Pasi S.