Serval Cat

I think that these are going to be the hot ticket for anybody looking for a good dune port/play port type of cylinder. Dont get me wrong i think porting still has its place on a oem cylinder but honestly this will come out on top. I make more money porting than selling cylinders but i think people will be happier with the serval and thats what were here for.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is probably a pain in the ass question but......

I would like to see some sheets of a well setup 4mil dune port and an uncut cub of similar size to the serval cat. All three setup on pump with same pipes and carbs. Not really worried about numbers, mostly like to see the power curves. Rough numbers to compare the three would be nice though

I think that these are going to be the hot ticket for anybody looking for a good dune port/play port type of cylinder. Dont get me wrong i think porting still has its place on a oem cylinder but honestly this will come out on top. I make more money porting than selling cylinders but i think people will be happier with the serval and thats what were here for.

these sound like the ticket, one of these with a little spray would be an unread package..... :bolt:

these sound like the ticket, one of these with a little spray would be an unread package..... :bolt:

If you're gonna spray, you should probably go with cubs.

You're not hitting the bottle in any trails I've seen...that a cub souldn't do better with anyways.

These, IMO, are bolt on power instead of the wait and grinding on stock cylinders.

I'm fence sitting on that statement Andy...sure you make a few hundred dollars on a port job (obviously, type of porting dictates the amount of $$) but if you take the money you collect vs. the hours you spend, I bet it is probably a wash compared to putting a cylinder and other needed parts in a box and shipping them with your margin.

I think where these will shine is clean them up, bolt them on and use 'em.

The only other problem folks might come across is how they're going to shift an 80HP bike on a stock tranny and clutch.

I agree dollar for dollar the margins in a cub or serval arent as good as people think. I can make more money porting but if my time is worth anything i would rather sell cylinders then port any day! At the end of the day i want to make people happy with there hard earned money spent. I love seeing the look on peoples face after a port job and thats what its all about is pleasing the customer whether it be from my porting or selling a cylinder and right now its going to be hard to beat a serval!

I agree dollar for dollar the margins in a cub or serval arent as good as people think. I can make more money porting but if my time is worth anything i would rather sell cylinders then port any day! At the end of the day i want to make people happy with there hard earned money spent. I love seeing the look on peoples face after a port job and thats what its all about is pleasing the customer whether it be from my porting or selling a cylinder and right now its going to be hard to beat a serval!

I must have missed it somewhere, but who is making the cylinders?

Also...what are the specs on them? Big bore? Stock stroke or +4mil only? What pistons....readily available or proprietary to these cylinders? Etc, etc,...

Is there a sperate thread you can point me to? I did a search, but couldn't find one.

Thanks!!!

This are a cp cylinder made by the same people who make the cub right here in OK. Right now they are only available in a 68x58 which is a 68 bore 4mm and if you use a 115 rod like most 4mm do just a simple blaster piston will suffice. If you use a 110mm rod a special piston like the 9768m06800 will have to be used. They are setup identical to the cub just port timing differences.

These cylinders look like the ultimate duner set up. 20 hp and 15 ft lbs of tq over the cub at 7,000 rpm...wow.

Average 74 hp between 7,500 and 9,500...nice.

What does the intake side look like? Are they opened up like a cub, with the thin bridge and worm holes?

If these are honest, non manipulated numbers off the dyno, I would trade my cub in for these in a heart beat.

We do not manipulate numbers, I would have no reason to if the cylinder did not perform well I would have took that back to Calvin and we would have went back to the drawing board. The casting is identical to a cub including the intake the only difference is exhaust and transfer height thats it. Without doing some measuring and the small sc cast on the inside of the intake you cannot tell the difference between this and a cub.

Any Idea what kind of price tags these things are gonna have? Wonder if theyd work good with more of a trail setup such as pwk28s and pro circuits or pt mids. Or would it be more like trying to setup a cub for bottem end just kind of a waste of time with better options?