skid plates....

barker

You guys talk about the .250 frame and swingarm skids. Where you guys getting this stuff? The Pro Armor frame skid I got was .125, which I thought was really thin, and the PRM swinger skid was .190. As I said the frame skid seems really thin but of course it's braced in 5 areas of the frame and the swinger skid is decently thick but definitely not the .250 that you guys talked about. I sure hope this stuff holds up, it surely wasn't cheap...

do any of you guys know about OMF skidplates? i know theyve been around a while, but because my graydon proline nerfbars have u bolts i want to run their skidplate that covers the engine, just not the a arm area of the frame, because then i wouldnt be able to run my nerfs, its basicly an engine only skidplate, but it looks heavy duty.

You guys talk about the .250 frame and swingarm skids. Where you guys getting this stuff? The Pro Armor frame skid I got was .125, which I thought was really thin, and the PRM swinger skid was .190. As I said the frame skid seems really thin but of course it's braced in 5 areas of the frame and the swinger skid is decently thick but definitely not the .250 that you guys talked about. I sure hope this stuff holds up, it surely wasn't cheap...

Here is the where I got the .250 skid plate go to page 3 http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=57&mfr=3

Edited by BansheeBoy347

Thanks for the link, I see that now. I guess I should've checked the website instead of just doing the goofy eBay shopping. Oh well, I'm proud of my skids as they are. We went over some incredibly rough terrain today and there's no replacement for the peace of mind of having good skids under you while going over big boulders and jagged rocks. That's one less major thing to worry about.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

• 1 month later...

That PRM z-plate looks nice

I have a solid aluminum plade that only goes half way, similar to JD's just not as pretty. It made a huge difference getting over the ruts. Just slide over compared to the stock anchor getting hung up

Edited by mofoka

After riding a couple of times the only complaint that I have about my PRM swinger plate is the piece that protects the lower link getting caught in the mud and such and acting like somewhat of a scoop that digs into the ground. I'm thinking of having a piece welded to the front of it to deflect the obstacles away or under the plate rather than that one piece taking the brunt of the punishment.