Cool head VS stock milled head

SLORYDER

Do you think a cool head is right for you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He isn't even talking about that dumb ass

What?? :blink:

SLO , I think you need lower your dosage of herbal teas , or just quit them all together, SERIOUSLY.

Have a cup of coffee, eat a fried pork chop, drink a beer ,,,,,,or twelve.

Ever since you started with the teas, you've been on a rampage.

Do it for your loved ones....

Remember, Its never to late to GET HELP.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my wife's idea.

No it did not get repoed.

Would it be beyond you to stop talking shit and have a civil discussion?

I wasnt the one who started throwing insults around or going in the shout box cursing and insulting Matt, myself and a few others. Your the reason this is where its at not me. In the start of your thread everyone was trying to be civil and tell you their opinion and you kept just telling everyone that they were wrong, the sponsers are just ripping everyone, that we are all brainwashed, we're all cowards, assholes and this is all a conspiracy between Tyler and the sponsers amongst many other things and now your asking me to be civil. Maybe you should of thought this out before you acted the way you did and said the things you did. I'm sorry this ended up where it did. Like I said in the start I dont have a problem with you we're both here for the same reasons. Which is to talk about and learn more about something that we love to do, And that is ride and wrench on our shees.

I'm a do it yourself guy just like you and I respect that, but I also respect the opinions of a lot of the people that you bashed and told them they had no idea and you were right no matter what they thought. To your wife I'm sorry she had not a thing to do with this, but this is the shit that happens when YOU disrespect people or their opinion. If you dont like someones advice dont take it. Just please dont bash them for trying to help someone else out. Unless you havent noticed this is usually a pretty civil place until someone steps on someones toes and then shit hits the fan. This time it just happen to be you sorry. :shrugani:

The bullshit is so deep in this thread, that I went to the store on my lunch break and bought a pair of barn boots to put on when I read it from now on. Jesus Christ Sloryder, just give it a rest for a while.

I would also like to see some hard evidence from the manufacturers that the head really cools at all.

Just one bit of hard evidence.

Why don't they have it?

Again, not tring to start any drama, I'd just like for some people with actual experience to step up so we could all learn something.

I'll admit when i'm wrong.

Such as I really thought that 50 50 was required for a mill of .030". I learned something new today. Cool.

I wasnt the one who started throwing insults around or going in the shout box cursing and insulting Matt, myself and a few others. Your the reason this is where its at not me. In the start of your thread everyone was trying to be civil and tell you their opinion and you kept just telling everyone that they were wrong, the sponsers are just ripping everyone, that we are all brainwashed, we're all cowards, assholes and this is all a conspiracy between Tyler and the sponsers amongst many other things and now your asking me to be civil. Maybe you should of thought this out before you acted the way you did and said the things you did. I'm sorry this ended up where it did. Like I said in the start I dont have a problem with you we're both here for the same reasons. Which is to talk about and learn more about something that we love to do, And that is ride and wrench on our shees.

I'm a do it yourself guy just like you and I respect that, but I also respect the opinions of a lot of the people that you bashed and told them they had no idea and you were right no matter what they thought. To your wife I'm sorry she had not a thing to do with this, but this is the shit that happens when YOU disrespect people or their opinion. If you dont like someones advice dont take it. Just please dont bash them for trying to help someone else out. Unless you havent noticed this is usually a pretty civil place until someone steps on someones toes and then shit hits the fan. This time it just happen to be you sorry. :shrugani:

I'm not really worried about it brother.

I'll admit i stepped way out of line and i apologize.

I think what I did pales in comparison to the childish insulting and ganging upp by the other members on here.

Anyhoo, hopefully there will still be a lot that can be learned in this topic. I think it has potential.

Its been a while and this forum has pretty much gone to shit. Sloryder,I ended up ditching the cool heads on both bikes to run stock milled heads.I got tired of the orings and cool heads are more apt to leak antifreeze.Both bikes had .030 milled and i ran about 150 to 155 compression with the port job on my bike,I never checked the compression on my son's bike after the port job.Ran great on super unleaded for a couple of years unitl I sold the last banshee.A cool head does make the bike look faster if anything...lol

Edited by MDS2106

Ive ran a stock milled head @.20 followed up a cool head then back to stock milled head @.30 then back to cool head ..Cool heads do not run 1 degree cooler than stock heads. I tried a bunch of different shit and the only think that actually lowered temp was engine ice by about 8 degrees. Domes are at least $50 you can buy a stock head for that much and have it milled. O-rings are $20.00...studs leak......That being said I have a red modquad head that looks really cool.....but thats all it does...looks cool.

all these temps came from a hrc digital temp gauge

Am i the only one that has noticed he thinks $65000 for a car is just fine but $35 for an adjustable timing plate is out of line? Then a $40000 or more truck, but $250 is ridiculous for a head.

Yea pretty funny isn't it. That and most of his post have been asking about how to DIY port his cylinders.

He has had a pretty quick turn around from asking about port hights 10 times a week. To being the Authority on the Banshee engine.

Its been a while and this forum has pretty much gone to shit. Sloryder,I ended up ditching the cool heads on both bikes to run stock milled heads.I got tired of the orings and cool heads are more apt to leak antifreeze.Both bikes had .030 milled and i ran about 150 to 155 compression with the port job on my bike,I never checked the compression on my son's bike after the port job.Ran great on super unleaded for a couple of years unitl I sold the last banshee.A cool head does make the bike look faster if anything...lol

Thanks for posting Mark.

You're right, you can't have a civil discussion on this forum without a bunch of middle school kids ganging up on ya when thay don't agree with what you have to say.

Forum is in a downward spiral for sure.

Edited by SLORYDER

Ive ran a stock milled head @.20 followed up a cool head then back to stock milled head @.30 then back to cool head ..Cool heads do not run 1 degree cooler than stock heads. I tried a bunch of different shit and the only think that actually lowered temp was engine ice by about 8 degrees. Domes are at least $50 you can buy a stock head for that much and have it milled. O-rings are $20.00...studs leak......That being said I have a red modquad head that looks really cool.....but thats all it does...looks cool.

all these temps came from a hrc digital temp gauge

BAM!

I believe the hard evidence in this topic speaks for itself.

Thanks for posting bro.

Edited by SLORYDER

Now it's 3 vs. 1000.

I don't think a BAM is in session yet.

Hard evidence vs hearsay.

Mature adults vs a bunch of flaming high school kids.

Edited by SLORYDER

And I'm very sorry we're being the mature ones.

That's like saying McCain won the last election, because he had less votes. And you would believe this if the 4 people that voted for him told you :jesterlaugh:

And in MDS's case, his portjob affected his compression alot. I thought you said .030 shaved off the head and squish not corrected would lead to needing race fuel? 150 psi cranking most likely doesn't need pump fuel, depending on a few other factors. But since shit usually only matters based off one factor, like you've made clear OVER and OVER again, we'll say he doesn't need race gas.

So his case isn't normal. Try again. Unless you want to start another thread about how much can be shaved off the stock head, for each different port job.

Edited by okbeast