Cool head VS stock milled head

SLORYDER

Do you think a cool head is right for you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you started another thread so you could post the same crap in both? Gimme a break john-boy

No, I was hoping I could start a topic and uncover the facts of the whole compression power situation.

The last thread had gotten out of hand because of all the knuckleheads on this forum.

Hopefully we will have several people chime in with their experiences and we can all learn something.

When I got my dune port dune on stock cyls, HJR offered to mill the head to save me cash.

This is not typical. However it is another reason for me to like dealing with HJR. Kevins really a good guy.

If someone post wanting advice about saving cash and mods, milled heads always come up. No one post saying a cool head is a must. If that is what you think is going on, you need to look again. Everything we post are suggestions.

I don't know about that. Normally when milling the stock head is brought up, someone will chime in and call it ghetto, or a cheap ass mod, or flame whoever is suggesting it.

{/quote]

People will always go with what they can afford regardless of advise. You can not assume people believe whatever they read and run out and do it. You look like a hypocrite IMO. You have tons of post about "do not believe everything you read". You are the only person here giving bias advise to people instead of options. People like to make a choice. You are trying to force yours.

If someone is new to tuning engines, and you have 8 people telling them that they need a cool head, and that milling the stock head is a waste of money, they are likely not going to "waste" their money on a milled head.

And I am sorry if I look like a hypocrite. My point is that the powers that be (on this forum it happens to be admin/ sponsers, in the real world it is the government) will use their powers for their gain. They have the power to create a false reality in order to gain from it, which the majority will take as truth.

The more money the sponsers make, the better the site does, the better the admin does. Although they may not be heartless bastards who care only about taking our money, you'd better believe there is a certain degree of deceit that most people are buying into. In reality a big thing is health care.

You go to the doctor with say depression. Instead of actually trying to find the root of the problem, he hives you n anti depressant to numb you. The problem is still there and will never be adressed now because the pain is gone.

I digress.

Trying not to sound biased, not everyone needs a milled head.

Not everyone needs a cool head. But in the grand scheme of things, a stock milled or rechambered head is a great way to cut corners and is NOT ghetto or a cheap ass way of doing things at all.

If you want to be an ass and flame me for trying to make a good discussion that everyone can learn from, so be it; but it's assholes like you that are making these free forums more and more fucked up.

Read my sig this man speaks the truth.

Edited by SLORYDER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{/quote]

My point is that the powers that be (on this forum it happens to be admin/ sponsers, in the real world it is the government) will use their powers for their gain. They have the power to create a false reality in order to gain from it, which the majority will take as truth.

The more money the sponsers make, the better the site does, the better the admin does. Although they may not be heartless bastards who care only about taking our money, you'd better believe there is a certain degree of deceit that most people are buying into

Oh so now it a conspiracy between the sponsers and Tyler. Dude your fucking whack.

If you want to be an ass and flame me for trying to make a good discussion that everyone can learn from, so be it; but it's assholes like you that are making these free forums more and more fucked up.

I agree... I think EVERYONE should have to pay to be a member here... Those of us who HAVE paid, keep it free for dumb fucks such as yourself to come on here and spout off at the dick sucker for FREE... You're welcome.

No one is learning anything except for the fact that you are a complete retard. Was it necessary to post the same bullshit rant in BOTH of your stupid ass threads?

Also. Do us all a favor, and prove how smart you are by NOT editing every one of your posts. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

All I'm saying is that if I had $250, i would rather spend it on milling the stock head and porting. You'd get way more power by going this route than buying a cool head.

I'd say at least half of banshees in the US are not ported. I'd say at least half of those have a cool head. That's thousands and thousands of people who are missing out on a lot of hp because they bought a cool head instead of just milling and porting.

Not everyone wants to go all out.

that's all I'm saying.

I'm sure plenty of non-banshee hq'ers would agree with me. People who live in the real world.

Ok and Daj, please teell me what question it is that I am avoiding.

I have a lot of mechanical experience.

I have rebuilt v-twins, including porting and polishing, combustion chamber work including unshrouding the valves by hand (by the way that was the fastest kfx730 in my area). I have gone through 2 years of trade school for automotives, as well as did several blaster rebuilds, LT80's, and a couple of banshees.

I have a good mechanical sense when it comes to stuff like this, and I know how to sort through information and put 2 and 2 together.

The bottom line is .030" and .020" is a safe amount to mill from the stock head if the engine is otherwise stock or even ported. I would also recommend modding the timing plate when milling.

This will save you a lot of coin which you can save for a port job if you are on a budget.

John Doe: Hello, I am new to this forum. Right now I have pipes and filters, and would like to know what is the best way to spend my money for more power.

BHQ:

Welcome. I'd recommend a cool head, timing plate and porting from one of our site sponsors.

John:

Awesome guys thanks!!!

Calls up Jeff at FAST $230 cool head $20 timing plate $300 dune porting

$550dollars and a lot of hard work later this guy has a good running 65 horsepower engine.

My way milled head $50 mod timing plate FREE RB racing hot dune port $250

$300 later a good running 65 hp engine.

Now you can take that extra $250 dollars and get a nice set of paddles, or a swingarm ect.

This is the point I am trying to get acros.

only half are unported????? now, i know you are just guessin with no info to go off of. just from the little i've seen on this site, sale ads, other people, i'd have to guestimate that at least 80% or more bikes still running are unported, and mabey half of those are an actuall port job, not just hogged holes.

one big, big thing about a billet head- you find one, buy it. next, it arrives in the mail- you drive your shee to the garage, back door, whatever, spend an hour installing, if you like to clean and inspect shit, and dink around like me, then go drive it arround again. if you don't like it you dome choice, sell them for around$40 after buying another set, or just trade. if you ever want to sell, thats a quick 125-180 back in your pocket, and if you bought used, then you will probably get the same amount back as you paid.

most people do not have tools, steady hand, experience, or "feel" to cut on something like cyls, and it makes them either feel like shit, or dive in over their head and fuck up royally when you come on pushing eveyone to do what you want them to, like porting. if a guy is going to, they are probably going to ask, read existing posts, and will have already accepted the fact that they are probably going to fuck it up. otherwise, will end up devistated with a dead bike and no money to fix it....then who are they going to blame? bhq, of coarse. :cheers:

timing plate? yes, you actually can fuck it up, and have to blow 300 on a new stator/flywheel. plus they are cheaper than the cheapest tooling to do it. i alway suggest doing it as a fun little project, if you have the tools laying aroun (which means you know how to use them)

you say you pick-apart info to see what's real, well, i think you are picking from all the wrong threads, because you should have seen the following fact mentioned at least 100x, and it's not from brainwashing. ......site sponsors are reliable, gauranteed, proven work. peroid. i can't tell you how many times i've heard guys having to go to a site sponsor, or buy new engine/topend/whatever simply because joe-blow "best porter in the state" or whatever fucked up royally. going to someone other than the sponsors usually,not always, but usually ends up in big issues. going to a sponsor- mabey less than 1% have some issue, but it's fixed right away and then some. hell, i even get porting advise from a sponsor, knowing full well that i'm doing the work myself, instead of paying to have it done.

here's a fun tidbit- people only talk themselfs up for 2 reasons- 1: job interveiw, and 2: no one else will (usually for good reason)

i don't see you applying for a job here.

it appauls me how you can take even the best intentioned good idea, or advise and fuck it up hard core...........you are always trying to be the maurder, fighting for all the little people out there oppressed by "the man" trust me- against the grain is my way of life, but i have enough sence to see more of what is really there, and not just justify what i want to see from things. all you are doing is making youself out o be an idiot, and the only thing you hit the nail on is that people will do, or be swayed to what is "in" or "the thing". what normally is "in" around here is to make your own choices, and not be affraid to ask questions. you are segregatin that into the masses vs. the idiot/moron ("idiot/moron" being you, basically) so think about that, and what it means. you are trying to get people to save a few bucks, but the way you present and conduct yourself veers their descision the opposite. how many people do you think have decided to buy a coolhed now, which probably would have just shaved? all from your little ordeal/crusade. i've been holding onto my stocker, which is a little dinged up in one chamber, to have cut, but perhaps i'll just chuck it when i get home. :flush: face it- there is no conspiracy to uncover. if you search a while, you will find plenty of us regularly do suggest the verry thing you think is being oppressed. you're simply being a dumbass, and don't realize you will never save face.

btw- putting that quote in your sig is just dumb. if you don't like the site, it's people, or the owner, go spout your shit elsewhere. do you realize that tyler can get rid of you for whatever reason he feels like? you're simply here because we need the current village idiot to keep things entertaining. and, as i've already mentioned, you probably sent a little buisness to the sponsors anyways, lol :clap:

And you're an idiot.

I might be a idiot, but let me tell you this idiot makes enough money to afford a brand new coolhead and domes, port work and a timing plate all at the same time. As a matter of the fact I probably made more last week then your inbred ass made in the last 5 years. And when I want to go do a burn out up the street I hop in my 11 sec stang and tear it up not a piece of shit go cart that cant even make it across the fucking street. And to think you have kids WOW poor things.

if you don't like the site, it's people, or the owner, go spout your shit elsewhere. do you realize that tyler can get rid of you for whatever reason he feels like? you're simply here because we need the current village idiot to keep things entertaining.

Him going to another site to talk about the B.H.Q. is a pussy move.

The reason Loco doesnt bann him is because Loco isnt with all that pussy shit.

only half are unported????? now, i know you are just guessin with no info to go off of. just from the little i've seen on this site, sale ads, other people, i'd have to guestimate that at least 80% or more bikes still running are unported, and mabey half of those are an actuall port job, not just hogged holes.

one big, big thing about a billet head- you find one, buy it. next, it arrives in the mail- you drive your shee to the garage, back door, whatever, spend an hour installing, if you like to clean and inspect shit, and dink around like me, then go drive it arround again. if you don't like it you dome choice, sell them for around$40 after buying another set, or just trade. if you ever want to sell, thats a quick 125-180 back in your pocket, and if you bought used, then you will probably get the same amount back as you paid.

most people do not have tools, steady hand, experience, or "feel" to cut on something like cyls, and it makes them either feel like shit, or dive in over their head and fuck up royally when you come on pushing eveyone to do what you want them to, like porting. if a guy is going to, they are probably going to ask, read existing posts, and will have already accepted the fact that they are probably going to fuck it up. otherwise, will end up devistated with a dead bike and no money to fix it....then who are they going to blame? bhq, of coarse. :cheers:

timing plate? yes, you actually can fuck it up, and have to blow 300 on a new stator/flywheel. plus they are cheaper than the cheapest tooling to do it. i alway suggest doing it as a fun little project, if you have the tools laying aroun (which means you know how to use them)

you say you pick-apart info to see what's real, well, i think you are picking from all the wrong threads, because you should have seen the following fact mentioned at least 100x, and it's not from brainwashing. ......site sponsors are reliable, gauranteed, proven work. peroid. i can't tell you how many times i've heard guys having to go to a site sponsor, or buy new engine/topend/whatever simply because joe-blow "best porter in the state" or whatever fucked up royally. going to someone other than the sponsors usually,not always, but usually ends up in big issues. going to a sponsor- mabey less than 1% have some issue, but it's fixed right away and then some. hell, i even get porting advise from a sponsor, knowing full well that i'm doing the work myself, instead of paying to have it done.

here's a fun tidbit- people only talk themselfs up for 2 reasons- 1: job interveiw, and 2: no one else will (usually for good reason)

i don't see you applying for a job here.

it appauls me how you can take even the best intentioned good idea, or advise and fuck it up hard core...........you are always trying to be the maurder, fighting for all the little people out there oppressed by "the man" trust me- against the grain is my way of life, but i have enough sence to see more of what is really there, and not just justify what i want to see from things. all you are doing is making youself out o be an idiot, and the only thing you hit the nail on is that people will do, or be swayed to what is "in" or "the thing". what normally is "in" around here is to make your own choices, and not be affraid to ask questions. you are segregatin that into the masses vs. the idiot/moron ("idiot/moron" being you, basically) so think about that, and what it means. you are trying to get people to save a few bucks, but the way you present and conduct yourself veers their descision the opposite. how many people do you think have decided to buy a coolhed now, which probably would have just shaved? all from your little ordeal/crusade. i've been holding onto my stocker, which is a little dinged up in one chamber, to have cut, but perhaps i'll just chuck it when i get home. :flush: face it- there is no conspiracy to uncover. if you search a while, you will find plenty of us regularly do suggest the verry thing you think is being oppressed. you're simply being a dumbass, and don't realize you will never save face.

btw- putting that quote in your sig is just dumb. if you don't like the site, it's people, or the owner, go spout your shit elsewhere. do you realize that tyler can get rid of you for whatever reason he feels like? you're simply here because we need the current village idiot to keep things entertaining. and, as i've already mentioned, you probably sent a little buisness to the sponsors anyways, lol :clap:

I am, and always been successful at everything I have put my mind to.

I have an extremely good job, a beautiful family and just about everyone I know in real life and have been knowing for years has plenty of respect for me.

I help people out whenever I can, be it work money whatever, and I know that anyone i know would do the same for me.

I have always done my own work on all my own bikes/ vehicles and have never had a problem (axcept my 700r4 rebuild 11 years ago)and I will continue to do so because I feel confident in what I do.

I could give two shits about your opinion or the wellbeing of this website. I come on here to kill time at work plain and simple. I would actually go out drinking tonight (I don't drink) if someone planted a irus on this website and it was completely destroyed. It would make my year.

Him going to another site to talk about the B.H.Q. is a pussy move.

The reason Loco doesnt bann him is because Loco isnt with all that pussy shit.

He isn't even talking about that dumb ass

:shootself:

No, I was hoping I could start a topic and uncover the facts of the whole compression power situation.

The last thread had gotten out of hand because of all the knuckleheads on this forum.

Hopefully we will have several people chime in with their experiences and we can all learn something.

see what i mean?

This is not typical. However it is another reason for me to like dealing with HJR. Kevins really a good guy.

wtf???? how the fuck do you know this is not typicall? have you done buisness with the builders? i don't think so. this is probably more typicall than you think whenever the issue of money is brought up, but no one is gonna come out and prouly proclaim they are too broke to do more than minimum. they are proud of what yey are getting, not knit-picking.

I don't know about that. Normally when milling the stock head is brought up, someone will chime in and call it ghetto, or a cheap ass mod, or flame whoever is suggesting it.

um, ok...because you are in the shout all the time and have spent years partaking in said posts? once again- no! you crashed through the livingroom window emptying dual revolvers screaming "FREEDOM" on your first shot, instead of using the door like a normal person

{/quote]

If someone is new to tuning engines, and you have 8 people telling them that they need a cool head, and that milling the stock head is a waste of money, they are likely not going to "waste" their money on a milled head.

And I am sorry if I look like a hypocrite. My point is that the powers that be (on this forum it happens to be admin/ sponsers, in the real world it is the government) will use their powers for their gain. They have the power to create a false reality in order to gain from it, which the majority will take as truth.

The more money the sponsers make, the better the site does, the better the admin does. Although they may not be heartless bastards who care only about taking our money, you'd better believe there is a certain degree of deceit that most people are buying into. In reality a big thing is health care.

You go to the doctor with say depression. Instead of actually trying to find the root of the problem, he hives you n anti depressant to numb you. The problem is still there and will never be adressed now because the pain is gone.

I digress.

Trying not to sound biased, not everyone needs a milled head.

Not everyone needs a cool head. But in the grand scheme of things, a stock milled or rechambered head is a great way to cut corners and is NOT ghetto or a cheap ass way of doing things at all.

Read my sig this man speaks the truth.

there you go again with your off-axis mental theories again.....can't even stick to the subject. yes, our healthcare system is fuckt, more everyday, and it's all because people are not shaving their heads. we should be a nation of skinhea....wait, that's just fucked up

And you're an idiot.

and you're smart. i know this because you said so yourself.......many times.

Shut up bitch.

No one needs your posts.

i need his posts, and several others, too. you are one energetic retard to keep up with.

especially for us people with a real life.

I could give two shits about your opinion or the wellbeing of this website. I come on here to kill time at work plain and simple. I would actually go out drinking tonight (I don't drink) if someone planted a irus on this website and it was completely destroyed. It would make my year.

Not sure what an irus is... (I think it's a flower).. but you are just proving how incredibly weak you are. You are just as weak as a 4 year old girl. In fact... I think my niece who is little over 1 month old, has more gall than you... You should be ashamed of yourself, and frankly embarrassed of how you live your life. You fail at life, and it is a disgrace that you brought children into this world with how unstable your mental state is.

I will say it again... Is anyone in Jefferson County, CO that has contacts at social services? In my expert opinion, this guy is completely unfit to be a parent, and frankly needs to have his children removed immediately, and seek a psychological evaluation. It wouldn't surprise me if he was extraordinarily violent with both his wife and kids, based on how he is completely unwilling to admit when he is wrong.

I guess it's another case of little-man-syndrome. It's a shame... and I'm starting to feel bad now.

I might be a idiot, but let me tell you this idiot makes enough money to afford a brand new coolhead and domes, port work and a timing plate all at the same time. As a matter of the fact I probably made more last week then your inbred ass made in the last 5 years. And when I want to go do a burn out up the street I hop in my 11 sec stang and tear it up not a piece of shit go cart that cant even make it across the fucking street. And to think you have kids WOW poor things.

A brand new coolhead and omes, port work AND timing plate at the same time. Look out. Baller.

Dude just yesterday I dropped 7 thousand cash on a car for my wife.

You are a fucking idiot.

If I wanted a decked out drag banshee I would buy it TODAY.

I realize there are more mportant things in life than being able to brag about how much money you WASTE on your atv

Edited by SLORYDER

I could give two shits about your opinion or the wellbeing of this website. I come on here to kill time at work plain and simple. I would actually go out drinking tonight (I don't drink) if someone planted a virus on this website and it was completely destroyed. It would make my year.

didn't somone just get banned for threatening such an attack on the hq?

if you don't give one or 2 or 50 shits about this site, leave. plain and simple.

but, you are the shit expert, sooo..... :flush::confused:

A brand new coolhead and omes, port work AND timing plate at the same time. Look out. Baller.

Dude just yesterday I dropped 7 thousand cash on a car for my wife.

You are a fucking idiot.

cheap ass.

i like my wife to drive something safer than 7k.......especially with my daughter ridding.