brand new Banshee, (LITERALLY)

HI , I am in the military and we just took over a base in a little crappy town. To make a long story short, me and my wife decided to get 4 wheelers for a new hobby. I went to a local dealer and found a BRAND NEW, never started, never serviced 05 Banshee. It had some trim extras on it that the dealer thought would help sell it. I bought it along with a Grizzly for my wife. It is now broken in. I don't really know shit about 2 strokes or 4 strokes for that matter. I am very proud of it and hope to become very knowledgeable on it. I don't want to mod the hell out of it, but I do want some pipes. I live in a desert environment, but don't plan to be here long. Me and my wife are from northwest Pennsylvania, so we are used to trail riding. I don't much care for sand, or dunes. I guess I want some pipes that are good for the woods, but still contribute to the top end. A good well rounded pipe. I have read a million debates about this topic, but they were pretty old discussions. Remember this thing is bone stock.

I've used banshees with fmf gnarlys, fmf fattys, toomey t5s, and Paul turner mids. All I ride is trails roads and fields(lots of trails), and I think the Paul turners are the best all around power, atleast for my riding style.

Welcome to BHQ

thanks for serving our country!!!!

FMF fatty pipes with turbine core silencers they have spark arresters in them.

what is broken on your shee?

use the site sponsors for work they are all great and trusted

Edited by toytech

First off Thank you for your service to our country. Congrats on your find your a lucky guy. If it was me I would go with Pro Circuit pipes. IMHO they are the best trail all around pipe there is they have a great low end and pull to the top. A lot of guys on the site run them and love them I'm sure some of them will chime in. After you get them pipes on there you should advance the timing 4 degrees. You can pick up a timing plate from Jeff @ FAST Hes a site sponser and one awesome engine builder. When your ready for it to be ported he would be the man to call. Good luck on the new wheelers and welcome to the best Banshee site around.

First off Thank you for your service to our country. Congrats on your find your a lucky guy. If it was me I would go with Pro Circuit pipes. IMHO they are the best trail all around pipe there is they have a great low end and pull to the top. A lot of guys on the site run them and love them I'm sure some of them will chime in. After you get them pipes on there you should advance the timing 4 degrees. You can pick up a timing plate from Jeff @ FAST Hes a site sponser and one awesome engine builder. When your ready for it to be ported he would be the man to call. Good luck on the new wheelers and welcome to the best Banshee site around.

Favorite pipes are like asking about your favorite drink around here.......everyone has a preference....most people like what they buy and are proud of them...so what they have is the best for them.....pipes will be the best bang for your buck riding the trails......

I live in NJ and have ridden at paragon adventure park in PA, and ride a lot out in PA......I go upstate NY as well very similar to PA riding.....

I run Paul Turner Mid Range pipes...I was asking my self your question about two years ago.......I like the PT pipes but cannot speak for any others. they have a great low-mid power and I feel i don't loose a lot up top. I got a good deal on my mids. they are a little harder to find used though......FMF pipes are everywhere and like others said are a good pipe......you can find a nice set in our for sale section on here in the 150-200 range for some clean pipes....

Since you don't know anything about 2 stroke...you will need to JET YOUR CARBS when you install pipes.....based on what pipes you buy...post again in regards to jetting size the guys here all run different set ups and will know what direction to send you about what size jets to run.

Good Luck..Have Fun...Be Safe..and Thnaks for your service..

PS I think your nuts for not liking dunes

sweet find. you shoudl put that hting on display, lol. keep up with good maintenance, and run a good oil, not that 2r crap, once you get building on it with pipes, and such, you will want the better protection. now, most will tell you their favorate pipe, but, if you are not going to build that much, then it will depend on how you want it to feel/ride in regaurds to power. you can get topend easy with several pipes, which will pull the hardest, but you probably want more even power startin at lower rpms. speaking on banshee terms, low is about 6k, mid is about 7500, and top is 8-8500. my fav. is pro-circuit, but i wouldn't suggest it, unless you are eventually going to bolt on $1k+. small build, like reeds, filtersetup, timing, will benifit with either t-6, or sst and ptr-mids. the toomey tr-6's will be the most efficient and come on gradually, starting lower then the 6k. they match a stock engine the best. timing is the next bang for your buck mod to do @30-60 bucks, tools and all. then reeds. the reeds not only add power and throttle response, but shape the feel of the engine, so choose wisely. you can't go wrong throwing some boysen power reeds in there, though. :cheers:

How about the T-5's? Where is a good place to buy complete PT or PC exhausts?

Used or new? There are some sets in the for sale section here....if looking for new.. I am sure a site sponsor can get you a good deal...alf's toy box, wildcard racing....they are all out on the home page.....

Got my t-5s on ebay for pretty good price. They were close to new and weren't even discolored at the jug end. I paid $400. They even have the o ring connector instead of the clamp on one. It dresses it up a little bit. Just do some looking. I really liked my fatty on my blaster. It had some good low end grunt for a 2 stroke. Might've been the nature of the motor though.