Clutch time..

I was just wondering, how much harder is it to pull in the clutch with a lockup setup? Is it a little bit more difficult, or is it basically not practical for say, trails, duning, etc.? Thanks!

There easier I think. U can adjust them with the sprins. Some run all stock springs. The springs are also what help you to tune it in for max traction and less tire spin. I have 2 different lockouts on sale right now. Pm me if you would like more info and pricing.

Its hard to beat a gigot slingshot in price and performance. You can run all stock springs. I have a $42 clutch in my bike for over a year and half stock springs. I know guys that only run 4 stock springs total in their asphalt bikes but 10 feet out that clutch is locked up.

i run a dd lockup with 3-3 spring setup and out-of-the-box weighting. i ride woods, trail, hillclim, and a little mx. the pull is pretty much unnoticale, unless i have it rapped out, and you don't really need to clutch then, lol. it hooks up amazingly better and smoother, and not suck a hard punch if i clutch it on a hillclimb.

Its hard to beat a gigot slingshot in price and performance. You can run all stock springs. I have a $42 clutch in my bike for over a year and half stock springs. I know guys that only run 4 stock springs total in their asphalt bikes but 10 feet out that clutch is locked up.

stock clutches work awesome with a lockup and the softest springs you can find.i also run a gigot undercover- well worth the purchase because your clutch will last damn near forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Do I need to upgrade the clutch basket, etc.? How will I know when the basket needs replaced? I don't want it blowing up at high rpm banghead (or any rpm for that matter) . Thank you all..

Thanks for the replies. Do I need to upgrade the clutch basket, etc.? How will I know when the basket needs replaced? I don't want it blowing up at high rpm banghead (or any rpm for that matter) . Thank you all..

the basket needs replaced when the clutch fingers get grooved pretty good. also, the gear needs to be tight enough not to be able to move it by hand, at which point you have to replace the cushions, conical washer, and gasket. if you don't have the tools, or want to do it, most people just replace the whole basket. the fingers are probably worn by then, anyways. that' it a good time to upgrade to a billet basket. if you find it has tiny screws securing the plate, there is a writeup in repairs/mods to upgrade or repair from failure. there is also some fairly recent threads about the different baskets avaiable, ie. hinson, barnet, weisco(i think) one or more of them needed the pressure plate modded to use a lockup. i just used a hinson with the stock hub/pressure plate. the basket usually needs upgraded around 80hp, imo, but different conditions/setup, etc can change that. it's basically the shock/load you put up the clutch, like drag/hill-climb or dune/trail, etc, tire size/gearing, motor, etc...