Will not shift when on the strip?

Took the new Banshee to the dunes for a day to see just what I have and I must say if it shifts good it runs out well, but I cant get it to shift when Im on the gas hard... It feels like Im getting the lever up far enough but its not changing gears. If Im just cruzin out to the strip its fine. Ive been told a couple of different things so I thought I would through a post out there to see what replies I get. I was told It could be the excentric bolt could be loose but I checked it and its not. I have been told that my clutch basket is worn out and bot letting the clutch disengage. Looking for some info.... Thanks for the help.

A simple thing a lot of people overlook is how you are shifting. When you get in the heat of the race, you may not be letting the shifter all the way back down between shifts. If you don't, it will not "ratchet"per say, and won't be able to shift to the next gear. Try adjusting your shifter a little higher where you almost have to labor or really reach to get that shift. Just something easy to check before you go digging into it.

Thanks for the input guys.

I have two Banshees and they are built almost identical. Both are 4mill strokers with drag ported stock cylinders with mikukis vforce 3 reeds +4 timing one is my play bike and the other is a drag only with oof pipes and taller gears and its the drag bike has that im having trouble with. The play bike shifts like a dream. I ask the guys at the pro shop at LS and they said the clutch basket is worn so I guess I will tare into that this weekend.

What is the shaft mod????

I had the same problem. I did the star mod and the shift shaft and still wouldnt shift when dragging or when in a nasty tree shot. I found the clutch basket was worn. Still have'nt replaced it, too broke. Let me know if you find a good deal on them

You can either buy a modded star or make your own. In the picture above, notice how the teeth on the shift star are pointed. Fire up the bench grinder and round them off so that there isn't a point to them anymore. Also on the shift shaft, notice the blue marker in the picture. You will need a dremel and a grinding wheel. Grind out the area marked in blue. That will enable your shift shaft to go deeper into the eccentric screw. That will help you shift by letting your shift shaft throw your star a little farther. I grinded the top and bottom of my shift shaft so that it helped on down shifting as well, some people do, some people don't. If those mods don't work for you, then its time for a duneable override. As far as replacing your clutch basket, check out www.farmandsandtoys.com He's got the best price on billet baskets I've ever been able to find.