vito stock,4mil,and10mil

stroking

i have the 4mil and 10mil cylinder here that im working on,and it seems that they use the same cylinder for all 3 cranks,10mil one being alittle taller but all ports and tranfers are the same,and that doesnt seem like the right thing to do to me.

well i'll be porting the 10 and the 4mil this week and though id post what i find while doing so.

ive started on one here

vitocylinders003.jpg

vitocylinders001.jpg

Edited by stroking

Any updates?

its running like a monkey with 20 bumble bees stinging him on is azz!!!

it made a really good increase in power from what i can feel.

oh and how can you tell if the powerjets are open to much ? the plugs look new/wet with no burn spots on them

What did each crank degree out to on each before you started cutting? Everyone says the 4 mil is way too high. It would be better to see the ports lower and need spaced up rather than down so far. I really wonder what the 10mil degrees out to with the ports that high. Before I cut anything I'd degree it out or bring it down and port from there.

FYI many people are having the nikasil come off on these cyls.

looks to be about a 75-78% width exhaust but shape plays important on piston wear. the larger bore these are at should be able to handle 78% .. i run 75% 350's all the time BUT usually you can keep a lower % exhaust with the extra exhaust ports. keep them alive longer if needed ..

if they are peeling that makes a great chance to send them in for welding and replate/ for report through millenium! who's plating them now?

wish i could get a handle on a set of the 10's i could degree them out for you. cylinders could use some more work from those pics but you might be limited on what you can do.

how were the old 10's stock cylinder motors set up from 10 years ago or so? i believe'd they had a spacer on top and droped the piston down farter like that. but i've never seen a set in my hand or had the chance to play with an old 10 mill stocker.