Modquad cool head

4stroker

People forget what's important, why we have new heads in the first place, dome design. Dome design is one of the single most important part of your motor and should be left up to your builder not pro design, modquad ect... All the manufactures have a decent design for a stock motor but they are all cookie cutter.

Do it right and have a dome cut by your builder for whatever head he uses.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I can have the MODQUAD ones engraved with my shop name or anything else you would like. With My logo no extra charge. With yours its a $25 fee.

buildpics008-1.jpg

I'd steer clear of the "Mod Quad" head. Mine looks great and you would think is nice and strong. But the rubber covered washers that come with the kit expand out, become snagged/threaded on the studs and lock the head on forever! You can't lift the head off if you need to do some work. I had to pry the head up,( without ruining the O-ring grooves :( ) then pick the washers to the top of those sunken openings with a dental tool to be able to get my head off. banghead Then run to hardwear supply to get copper washers to replace the Mod Quad junk.

I've got 2 Mod Quad items....

Cool head = washers act like retaining washers and won't come off without a fight.

Billet stator cover = Won't work with my Cascade gear slammer shifter.

Who builds a stator cover that won't work with everybody's shifters? <_< Never whould have figured that would be an issue.

Trust me, an awesome shifter is alot more important than a shiney side cover.

Mod Quad = a guy with a c+c machine who doesn't think 2 steps ahead when carving aluminum and listing it. :angry::bolt:

The only thing good I can say about MODQUAD is.......they aren't TRINITY. :shrugani:

I'd steer clear of the "Mod Quad" head. Mine looks great and you would think is nice and strong. But the rubber covered washers that come with the kit expand out, become snagged/threaded on the studs and lock the head on forever! You can't lift the head off if you need to do some work. I had to pry the head up,( without ruining the O-ring grooves :( ) then pick the washers to the top of those sunken openings with a dental tool to be able to get my head off. banghead Then run to hardwear supply to get copper washers to replace the Mod Quad junk.

I've got 2 Mod Quad items....

Cool head = washers act like retaining washers and won't come off without a fight.

Billet stator cover = Won't work with my Cascade gear slammer shifter.

Who builds a stator cover that won't work with everybody's shifters? <_< Never whould have figured that would be an issue.

Trust me, an awesome shifter is alot more important than a shiney side cover.

Mod Quad = a guy with a c+c machine who doesn't think 2 steps ahead when carving aluminum and listing it. :angry::bolt:

The only thing good I can say about MODQUAD is.......they aren't TRINITY. :shrugani:

LOL! The old style heads are junk. Rubber covered washers?? Im guessing you have the old style. Those are not produced any more. The new ones are awesome and have no issues. Ive had mine off several times to make adjustments. Modquad revamped most all of there stuff in 08-09 that had negative feedback and or room for improvement.. All the issues with particular items were fixed. I run 90% modquad Items on my bikes with not one single problem.

Some seem to forget that it takes some time to get things perfect. Not every manufacturer that comes out with something new hits it dead on first try, or very rarely. You get something out there, listen to the feedback, redesign and fix it, and thats what Modquad has done. As for the stator cover again, lol, my gear slammer worked just fine.

Everyone has there favorite, but in all honesty how much better can one head be than the other? The one piece design in my opinion is great. Use stock studs, awesome, more coolant capacity , great, looks different than others, cool, Yes having your domes custom cut and tailored to you motor is by far the best way to go.

I still hate modquad heads. :rotflmao:

X2. Mine IS the new style one piece head! I don't like being a company's R+D team. Cut the parts...try them on your own ride or offer them to "Test Subjects". I'm not into re-designing stuff after I drop coin. I had to oval out one of the bolt holes in my stator cover just to get all the bolts in. In the world of c+c machines...how do you botch a simple bolt hole layout? Had to clearence the inside to fit my after market timing plate too.

LOL! The old style heads are junk. Rubber covered washers?? Im guessing you have the old style. Those are not produced any more. The new ones are awesome and have no issues. Ive had mine off several times to make adjustments. Modquad revamped most all of there stuff in 08-09 that had negative feedback and or room for improvement.. All the issues with particular items were fixed. I run 90% modquad Items on my bikes with not one single problem.

Some seem to forget that it takes some time to get things perfect. Not every manufacturer that comes out with something new hits it dead on first try, or very rarely. You get something out there, listen to the feedback, redesign and fix it, and thats what Modquad has done. As for the stator cover again, lol, my gear slammer worked just fine.

Everyone has there favorite, but in all honesty how much better can one head be than the other? The one piece design in my opinion is great. Use stock studs, awesome, more coolant capacity , great, looks different than others, cool, Yes having your domes custom cut and tailored to you motor is by far the best way to go.

I bought the high dollar clear window billet stator side cover. You take a picture of one of those mounted on your bike with a gear slammer shifter and post it here and I'll shut up. (YES THAT WAS A CHALLENGE!) Till then, quit pimping ModQuad in every post like it's the best thing since sliced bread. They ripped off JJ+A on the axle design and almost every situation where an aluminum axle has broke and people bash JJ+A, it turns out it was a ModQuad axle. I only got the side cover because the "Brand" of the cover wasn't listed in the sale. Had I'd known it was "ModQuad" I would have passed! Of course you run almost 90% ModQuad on your ride....you sell it. Trinity salesmen run Trinity junk too. That don't make it good OR fast! :yank:

I bought the high dollar clear window billet stator side cover. You take a picture of one of those mounted on your bike with a gear slammer shifter and post it here and I'll shut up. (YES THAT WAS A CHALLENGE!) Till then, quit pimping ModQuad in every post like it's the best thing since sliced bread. They ripped off JJ+A on the axle design and almost every situation where an aluminum axle has broke and people bash JJ+A, it turns out it was a ModQuad axle. I only got the side cover because the "Brand" of the cover wasn't listed in the sale. Had I'd known it was "ModQuad" I would have passed! Of course you run almost 90% ModQuad on your ride....you sell it. Trinity salesmen run Trinity junk too. That don't make it good OR fast! :yank:

:headbang:

Mod Quad is just a pirate company, making low grade knock offs.

Of course you run almost 90% ModQuad on your ride....you sell it.

Maybe that is why Cascade wouldn't put his banshee in there calender :shrugani:

I picked up a old style modquad head fairly cheap and ordered a new oring kit from them with copper washers. I have like 2 full tanks on the head and it doesn't leak and didn't have to take it off. I'm not sure if the leaks people had is the only reason people don't like them but I used vasoline to hold the o rings in place and held the domes in place holding the plugs, then torqued the nuts evenly criss cross. I don't think I need to switch heads because modquad isn't cool enough as long as it does its job.

I picked up a old style modquad head fairly cheap and ordered a new oring kit from them with copper washers. I have like 2 full tanks on the head and it doesn't leak and didn't have to take it off. I'm not sure if the leaks people had is the only reason people don't like them but I used vasoline to hold the o rings in place and held the domes in place holding the plugs, then torqued the nuts evenly criss cross. I don't think I need to switch heads because modquad isn't cool enough as long as it does its job.

I agree completetly. I still run my ModQuad cool head. (I'm not going to sell it and get a different head just to not have a ModQuad part) And as you read in my post, the only issue I had with it was the dumb washer design. (Copper washers fixed that) I did see the post with the damaged area along the O-ring seat. But if you have it on and it's not giving you issues....ride on brother!

BUT...... if your dropping coin on shiney new parts and still have time to choose..... :shrugani:;)

I still hate modquad heads. :rotflmao:

X2 but last time I said this I was bashed and told that I was a dumb ass because I have a vitos hemi head which this person swore it was made by modquad. But then chariot chimed in and said he made my head which I already knew thats why I bought it. These are just opinions which we are entitled to and sorry if they piss anyone off.

you guys can hate modquad heads all you want but mine works mint, zero leaks. if I was to buy new, I would choose noss my self but I got mine used and its perfectly fine.

That is so great mod quad does build cheaper crap and not only have they knocked off JJ&A axle but there knocked off the lock out stealing the basic design from direct drive and the mod quad part is cheap cheap cheap to me it looked like the ring that holds the lexan cover was cast and then machined ? .I do how ever like there new head design love the one on alfs bike minus the engraving on top but still far from the best ( gear slammer is that a cascade part ? )

X2 but last time I said this I was bashed and told that I was a dumb ass because I have a vitos hemi head which this person swore it was made by modquad. But then chariot chimed in and said he made my head which I already knew thats why I bought it. These are just opinions which we are entitled to and sorry if they piss anyone off.

Do they make both hemi head designs?