Key stolen

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a banshee, not a dodge viper. all they have to do is pick it up and put it in a truck or on a trailer. that key is worthless.

Hey Tyler, thanks for the chime.

More than anything, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to fry something electrically by splicing the wires together, if that was the avenue of choice. My buddy just had a pretty major electrical issue popup after he wired in his toggle switch, so I was just making sure.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I just put the bike back together after a rebuild, and now I have no spark. The only thing that I have done any different is to install this tether. Could the wires be installed backwards or what? I tried them the other way around and still no spark?

fuck the key get rid of it.. if they wanted to steal your shee they would of taken it with or without key. they more than likely want it for pieces anyway........ jump the red wire at the cdi to the black aqnd white wire i think... mine werks like a charm. no key.

get rid off the key setup. just connect the wires together that way you dont need a key and you still get spark. its not too hard. my dad did it to two of his shees. if somone was gonna steal the bike they wouldve taken the whole thing not just the key.

i can help if tell me wires u are using... :shootself:

DiSkOe*1

OK, so I cut the wires from the key (a black and a brown) connected one of the wires from the tether to one and the other to the other. When I tried it, no spark? So I reversed them, and still no spark? So I fastened the wires from the key (black and brown) together and still no spark? From what I under stood from some of the other posts, this was cool to do, but it didnt help? One of the other members said that I needed a jumper and that was the key to this, so what do I do here?

OK, so I cut the wires from the key (a black and a brown) connected one of the wires from the tether to one and the other to the other. When I tried it, no spark? So I reversed them, and still no spark? So I fastened the wires from the key (black and brown) together and still no spark? From what I under stood from some of the other posts, this was cool to do, but it didnt help? One of the other members said that I needed a jumper and that was the key to this, so what do I do here?

have you got you kill switch on RUN or is it turned OFF ???

No TORS, that was removed well before I owned it. And yes the kill switch is turned on, but thanks for checking that for me! By the way, the wires I spilced into on what used to be the key switch, were red and black, and not brown and black Like I stated before!

• 2 weeks later...