CPI or Shearer or Rocket pipes

frog

I just installed a set of chetah jugs(68mm) and 4mm crank on my son's bike and the fmf fatty pipes I think are holding it back. CPI or Shearer or Rocket pipes.All types of riding from dune to trail to flat out flying.Thanks.

I just installed a set of chetah jugs(68mm) and 4mm crank on my son's bike and the fmf fatty pipes I think are holding it back. CPI or Shearer or Rocket pipes.All types of riding from dune to trail to flat out flying.Thanks.

I don't have any experience with the Shearers or Rockets. I went from T-5s to CPIs on my 421 cub and it was a day and night difference.

Edited by pr0blumz

There is no doubt that all 3 pipes are great pipes and very great power makers.....

I think everyone would agree that the Shearer would make the most peak power and the least bottom power, so I probably would not choose that one for all round riding.

I personally run the Rockets and have never ran the CPI or the Shearer, but from my experience with the Rockets, no loss of bottom - Hella mid to top.

The CPI probably makes things a lil more accessible then the original Rockets, so if I were going to opt for new pipes it would probably be the R2's.

Mike

You def. will need new pipes. I have a brand new set of shearer inframes for sale. Pm me if interested.

How much for pipes and silencers,thanks

I like shearer's. Pull really good from mid to top. Your going to need to extend your swing arm if your doing flat out flying.

is it a cheeta or a cub? do yo have the powervalves? if you have the pv's the cpi's OR the shear's will make a great all around bike. the shear's will be more op end than the cpi's but not much witht he cpi's it will have more "pull" WITH powervalves you can use either pipe and have decent bottom end..

i have never had or used a set of rocket's.. never even seen a real dyno graph compaing them to the other pipes that i can think

the R2's sound like good pipes but the majority of the testers didn't have much more than a stock bike billet pieces maybe a coolhead shit like that shearers are proven winners and same with cpi those two are for race rockets only time will tell

Soon...I will have R2 pipes for my 10 mil cub.

I've had Shearers for years.

The Borrink bros promised they could make me more power...so I'll have some testing on some R2s in the next few weeks hopefully.

Once Sniper gets more sets under their belt (I know they're working on inframe first and out of frame next) I will probably try a set of theirs as well.

Aside from gearing and paddle changing on my bike, there's not much more I can do to gain ETs other than shave s few lbs, which, I'm trying to do.

I'm out for better ETs while keeping my bike consistent.

I'm in need of motivation this year to get out and ride/race...and these new pipe manufacturers are just what I needed!!

the R2's sound like good pipes but the majority of the testers didn't have much more than a stock bike billet pieces maybe a coolhead shit like that shearers are proven winners and same with cpi those two are for race rockets only time will tell

i have my r2's on my hjr dune port, with 35pwks now. have been messing with the carbs, and i think i have them dialed in pretty good. when i have some time, im going to throw my cpi's on and see how they compare back to back. also maybe throw my original rockets on the same bike.